Backstory

My mother and father were unknown to me. All I knew was that they were from different cultures. One of my parents was from the forest while the other was from the reef. I saw their faces once. When I was connecting with the spirit tree. A glimpse that didn't give me the relief I hoped. Eywa tried to comfort me with that image. It worked just not the way it was intended.

My mother love me dearly, I remember that innate feeling of her love. I always feel it lingering around wherever I go. I feel my dad's strong words in my head. I can't make out what they say, I can't even tell what exactly his voice sounds like. Yet it still rings in my head.

I'm not sure if they are alive or dead. The chief just said I washed up on shore one day. They took me in even though I wasn't fully one of them. I was made fun of all the time. Everyone said "You aren't one of us. Go back to the forest!" I'd never even been in the forest. The part that upset me the most was that it just wasn't kids who made fun of me. Adults did too.

My skin was very splotchy. Some parts of my skin were light blue like the people around me. While the other splotches of my skin were dark blue like the people from the Omatikaya. My eyes were yellow. With a ring of blue around my pupil. My tail was small like the Omatikaya people. My ears were not short enough to be like the ocean people, they were not long enough to be from the Omatikaya people. My fins on my arms only grew a little bit. They aren't as big and full as they should be. I had the double eyelids that the Metkayina had.

I always wanted to go to the forest. Maybe they would accept me more than these people. I did truly love them, the reef people. They were my family after all. That still didn't change my feeling of loneliness. Even when they tried to welcome me I felt like an outcast.

Everyone had a family, except me. Everybody could swim naturally I had to learn a different way. It was hard but it's ok. It had to be ok. I had to be ok.