Chapter 37

After Kiri and I made our wrap bracelets for each other, it was late. We had a quick dinner with the Sully's and went to bed.

I couldn't sleep. I was still shaken about what happened earlier with Spider. I was also afraid to leave the house. So I just sat in silence for the majority of the night. Well it wasn't that silent. My head was throbbing most of the night.

Ever since the fight back with Aonung, Lo'ak, and Neteyam I've been having headaches a lot. It's mostly been on the back burner since there were other things to worry about.

Now there was no intimate threat. We could "relax". I tried the healing paste, but it didn't help that much. I felt that my brain itself was throbbing. Most of the days it was bearable. Just a little pressure behind my eyes. Maybe with all the stress it's just aggravated my head.

Lately it's begun to become unbearable. My whole head throbs, sometimes to the point where I can't even hear or see anything. Most of the time when that happens I just try to act normal. It never works out in the end.

I usually just lay in Kiri's lap as my brain would throb. As she slowly plays with my hair. I would cry and begging for it to stop, but Kiri couldn't  do anything. She just sat with me while I suffered.

I always felt bad for her. She had to sit with me while I was at my worst.

Tomorrow I'll talk to Ronal about it.

Maybe she can do something.

I quietly got up and walked outside. Looking around. I didn't see anything so I laid back down next to Kiri. Wrapping my arms around her waist, and pulling her close for comfort. I hear a little sound escape her throat before she snuggles into me.

I close my eyes. Eventually my body sleeps.

I woke up before Kiri. I quietly step around her and head to Ronal's. "I see you, Ronal." I say while greeting her. She returns the gesture. "What is it, Tatu?" Ronal asks. "I have had a lot of headaches lately." I say while sitting down. "It's been happening ever since the day my queue for pulled but I never thought anything of it, except now it's starting to hurt a lot more." I explain to Ronal.

She nods when she hears my words. Grabbing some supplies. "I was hoping this wouldn't happen." She says while sitting down in front of me. I stayed silent, edging her to continue. "Your queue is what makes your body, your body. A pull like you experienced can cause traumatic damage." Ronal explains to me.

"Your headaches are a symptom of that." Ronal says while mixing some shells and fruits into a bowl. "I can help you heal, but it'll take many different sessions." Ronal explains while grabbing the paste. She smears it on my forehead. The pressure was quickly relieved. "We can start now." She says while helping me lay down.

I lay down and close my eyes. I feel something tickle over my head down to my toes. I try not to react. I also feel some slight pokes on my skin. Along with some more paste getting smeared on my skin.

"Ok, I am done." Ronal says while helping me sit up. "That should help ease the pain and the pressure that has built up." Ronal says. I nod and stand up, "When should we meet again?" I ask.

"Whenever it starts to hurt again." Ronal replies. I nod and walk back to Kiri. 

—-
just gonna shamelessly plug
but i have a neytiri fic that's a fem! oc x neytiri if you wanna read that 🤭