~Chapter Twenty~

Third person pov:

Devante stared at Justin then looked at the cord that was helping him breathe.

He was about to pull it but stopped himself.

He realized if he killed him it would look too suspicious since he was the only in the room at the time.

He was sad but overall angry that Justin was secretly seeing his bestfriend behind his back, but he was even more pissed at his friend which is why he's dead now.

He started to wonder if Keem planned all of this? Did he know they were going to breakup? Has he always had feelings for Justin?

But the most important question was how long it was going on.

Devante was snapped out of his thoughts when Doug and Kevin walked back in the room.

"How It go?" Devante asked.

"It was fine, they just asked a couple questions that was it." Doug said sitting next to Kay.

"Mr Perez, your time to see Justin is over now so you will all have to go home, but your welcome to come visit him tomorrow." The doctor said.

"Alright." Kevin said getting up.

He walked over to Justin and kissed his forehead before leaving.

Time skip
_________

Kay's house

Doug stayed with Kevin to try and comfort him, also he was afraid he'd end up doing something he wouldn't want him too.

"I just don't understand why somebody would do that shit to him." Kay said.

"Yea." Doug said.

"They said he was with some other boy who died in the shooting, his name Shakeem I think."

"His name was Shakeem?" Doug asked.

"Yea why? You know him or sum?" Kay asked.

"Yea that's Devante bestfriend, ion even know if Devante knows he's dead, Fuck." Doug said.

"He probably don't, he ain't looked too worried about him in the hospital." Kay said.

"Ion know how I'm gonna tell him he's dead, but why was he even there with Justin in the first place tho?" Doug asked.

"Shit ion know, and I honestly don't care. I just need my baby brother to be ok." Kevin said leaning on Doug's shoulder.

"I understand that, but I just got so many questions." Doug said.

To Doug, things weren't adding up. Why was Shakeem with Justin? And now that he thought about it, the whole time he was at his house with Kevin, he hadn't seen Devante for the whole night.

Doug just brushed the feeling off, thinking that his brother was capable of doing such a heinous thing, especially not to his own bestfriend.

Short and quick chapter, but what do y'all think? Will Doug eventually put the peices together and realize what actually happened? Or will Devante get away with it?

Hope y'all enjoyed ❤️