31. Sneaking Stranger

The clear water of the river was shining as it reflected the sunrays beautifully. The shore was so calm with the white sand covering all over. The greenery aligning the bank of the river was just adding its own effects beautifully. Birds were chirping somewhere far from there but still creating beautiful music. But all of this could never get Taemin's attention as his gaze was solely fixeted on one figure.

The slim figure which was very much familiar to his eyes was standing with his back facing him. The petite Omega was so lost in the scenery that he didn't see Taemin coming. And Taemin didn't even want to disturb him, instead planning to surprise the beautiful Omega.

Just as he was approaching the unsuspecting Omega, he turned around. His beautiful eyes widened slightly to see Taemin. Slowly corners of his sweet lips turned upwards in a smile. He turned fully and started running towards the Alpha. Taemin spread his arms as the Omega crashed into his arms, making Taemin lift him a little to spin his around and the place booked with loud and joyful laughter of both.

Taemin was smiling widely until the scenery suddenly changed.

Suddenly the place was filled with dark and red hue and he heard the Omega's laugh dying down. He was stunned until he felt him whimper weakly.

He pulled away from him to look at him and it shocked him to the core to see the Omega was clutching a little bundle in his arms while him mouth was splitting blood. He weakly pushed the bundle in Taemin's arms.

Little pup....

Soobin.

His little Bean.

"H-hyung... They're com-ming for you... S-save our pup..... Leave m-me here... G-go!!"

Taemin shot up from his slumber.

Frantically he looked aside to see the pup sleeping quietly. He picked the pup up and snuggled him close, his Alpha going haywire from insecurity for his pup. He started thoroughly scenting the pup, smothering him with his orange blossoms scent. Pup wiggled a little by sudden change of atmosphere but then buried his little face Alpha's neck and calmed down.

Once he was sure that his pup smelled like him, he got up to get some water. He was sweating because of the nightmare.

A pot of water was placed in their cabin. He filled the jug and sipped hurriedly. Just as he was done he heard something. Very quietly he went outside the room and as he suspected he saw some figure luring around in darkness behind cabins. He drew the knife which he always keeps and growled.

"What are you doing here??"

Jia startled. She turned to see Taemin standing there with an angered expressions. He was holding a knife, ready to attack anytime.

She gulped in fear.

"So why are you following us?"

Jiah gulped for the nth time. Now she was standing like a prisoner and Taemin was sitting in front of her outside their cabin. His hands were crossed over his chest in an intimidating manner and it was effective too. Though he looked hot, Jiah smacked herself in her mind to tell herself that it wasn't the time to admire her crush. Since her death was hanging on her.

"I am a rogue—"

"You are not. Stop telling lies otherwise this would be the last warning before I run this knife over your throat for once and all. Why are following us for months. Where are you from and what is your motive behind this?", He asked in firm tone. Jiah knew that there was no way she could lie now. Everyone was sleeping so there was no way at all that Jongin the cupid Kai would come to help her out.