Chapter Twenty Nine

"What the hell is going on here?" My father's voice bellowed through the small room.

"It's your daughter again, starting trouble like she always does. She's trying to steal her twin's fiancé, like she has some claim over him! They broke up and Jacob has been with Katie since they left for University!" My mother angrily shouted as she pointed her manicured finger towards me.

"That is not true... I have not been in a relationship with Katie at all. I have been committed to Louise this whole time. I don't know what Katie has told you but it's not true. Louise you have to believe me-"

"ENOUGH!" My father shouted. He took a deep breath as he paused. "I haven't heard the pull story but I heard enough and I have seen enough." With that my father made his way to me and Katie but what shocked me the most was the hand that made contact with my cheek. It was then that I realised for the first time since I was born my father raised a hand to me.

"How dare you slap your sister? How dare you slap your pregnant sister because you regret letting go of Jordan. Your sister is pregnant with his baby and you are trying to break them up?" My mouth hung open in complete shock and surprise at his words.

The reason being, is what my father said was partly true. I was coming in the way of a family. Whether I wanted to admit it or not. Katie was pregnant with Jordan's baby, they would have that tie for life. The family that I was envisaged with Jordan escaped through the tips of my fingers. How could I continue a relationship with a man that was having a baby with my twin sister. That child was innocent and deserved a family, they didn't need their aunt getting in way and confusing them.

It's then that gently rubbed my swollen cheek, allowing my fingers to graze the reddened skin. I looked around the room to see nothing but devastation, anger and pain. It was then that I realised I didn't want these people in my life anymore. They were too toxic, filled with nothing but poison and betrayal.

"You're right father." I numbly agreed only to met with gasps from Katie and Jordan.

"Who am I to stand in the way of love and family?" I darkly chuckled and closed my eyes shut, blinking away the remainder of my tears. I wouldn't let them see me cry or be weak again.

"I wish you all the happiness in your future family endeavours." I explained. In response I heard two sighs, one from my mother and the other from my father.

"But from this point on, don't involve me in your family matters. I don't want anything to do with the lot of you. You don't deserve my time, you don't deserve anymore of my patience and you certainly don't deserve my love."

"Louise, stop fooling around. It's your sister's engagement." My mother huffed out.

"Fuck you and fuck her engagement." I screamed out. I pulled my heels off and gave one final look to my sister. "I hope you get everything you deserve in this marriage because let's face it you deserve it."

I turned to walk away, all I could hear was my name being shouted but there was nothing more to say or do. My results came back yesterday and I got the scores I deserved. I packed my bags with the bare essentials, leaving everything else behind.

My family.

My ex-fiancé.

My heart.

They were the last words I spoke to my sister.