Chapter Fifteen

Jordan was the most handsome and elusive boy at our school. He didn't like hanging around large crowds, he followed his own tune. He didn't care whether you were popular or an outcast. He was a good guy, the best kind of guy. He was never rude to anyone, he stood up to those who were bullied. He was truly the most liked guy at our school and with that type of label he attracted all the girls at school.

When Jordan first tried to interact with me, I simply brushed him off. I mean I knew who he was - everyone did. I didn't think he was truly interested in spending time with me. I thought it was some type of joke or he did it out of pity, thinking I was an outcast. I would just shrug him off and continue with my writing or my book. I hardly paid him any attention.

It wasn't till he spoke one sentence which created a ripple inside of me. He said, "You're not anything like your sister. I like that." His eyes were so soft and he had his dimple in his cheek as she gently smiled at me. It was the first time my heart fluttered.

I was so used to people trying to make friends with me because it would get them closer to my sister. I had shied away from the world. This was the first time that anyone had said to me that they liked because I was nothing like my sister. For years I had been subjected to my mother's verbal taunts about not being as good as my sister. It was like Jordan was put on his earth for me. He liked me for who I was and not who I was related to.

It was from that day, that I paid more attention to Jordan. We spoke about anything and everything. Our dreams, wishes and even our fears. He was the first person I had truly opened up to. I showed him my achievements, how I had entered into writing competitions, that my parents had no idea about my love of literature or love for writing. Even though my parents didn't care, he did. He cheered me on, he pushed me to be the best version of my self.

For the first time since I was bored, I didn't care about my families opinion. When he asked me to be his girlfriend, I was shocked but for the first time I had someone for me; someone who was rooting and supporting me. It was the first time that I felt what it was like to be the centre of someone's world.

It was the first time I didn't feel like I was just a part of Katie's world.