Chapter Six

I don't know how much I have drunk at this moment but I can tell you that it is at least my own weight in tequila. Normally James will reign me and make sure I don't go overboard but I don't think he has the will-power to tell me no. I think he's at the point where he just wants me to let loose and relax a little.

Unfortunately, I have hit the point of no return. I push myself off my chair and try to find some balance in my wobbly legs. I can't help but sway side-to-side as I make my way to the beer garden for a smoke. I haven't smoked since I left my family all those years ago, but since my sister died, I couldn't help but buy a packet. I chain-smoked like their was no tomorrow. I pull a cigarette from my box and bring it to my lips. I then pull out the lighter from my pocket and start to flick the flint to get a spark. I don't know how long I have been standing here attempting to light my cigarette, however before I can register what was happening a large hand holding a sparked up lighter is in front of me. I don't question it, I simply push my cigarette in the direction of the warm flickering flame and take a deep pull.

I look up to see two haunting eyes staring down at me. There's some much lingering in them, it's like a puzzle that I can't decipher. Those deep dark brown orbs just make me feel lost in the moment, lost in forgotten memories, my heart pounds but the alcohol is numbing the pain in my chest.

"Your drunk." His deep voice is almost like a smooth caramel that is wrapping around my body.

"Shh." I whisper as I continue to inhale and exhale my cigarette.

He lets out a disappointed sigh. "How long have you been smoking for?"

"Smoke when I'm drunk or stressed." I say with a shrug of my shoulders as I push myself back against the wall. My head looking up to the sky as the cold winter breeze caresses my face.

"Stressed? What have you got to be stressed about?" He scoffs.

I can't help but chuckle at his words. "You have no idea. No idea anymore" I drunkenly murmured.

"You have no idea what you are talking about!" Jordan snapped with anger.

"Course' I don't. I know nothing. Had no idea that the man I was engaged to was sleeping with my sister. No idea that my sister hated me so much she just wanted to ruin my life. I had no idea that the family I loved didn't care for me. I'm just a stupid bitch in your eyes Jordan."

Before I can stub my cigarette out, it's ripped out of my mouth and chucked on the floor. My back is further pushed up against the follow, his whole body towering over me as he pins my hands above my head against the cold and damp brick. I try to pull my arms away and attempt to deliver another kick to his dick but he'd quick and adept, dodges my attacks. His eyes are wide open, like they are peering into my soul and I can't help but feel the tremor down my spine.

"Don't talk about things, you don't understand. You really think I would betray you without a reason? Do you think I slept peacefully all these years without you by my side? Do you think that I haven't ached for you? Do you not remember the promises we made, the love we had? You were with my every breath and if you think that I have forgotten about you all these years then you are completely and utterly stupid." He growls. "My love for you never disappeared. If anything my heart beat harder the further you were away from me."

"You are still the only girl in my heart and that has never changed. Not since were sixteen and it won't change when I'm sixty." With that he pushes his forehead against my, the contact between us is vibrating with longing and lust, closing my eyes, feeling the sensation of being wanted by the only man I have ever loved.

In that moment, I completely forgot that he was my sister's husband.