↳ 16 ༉‧₊˚✧

CHAPTER 16!
(April)

2020Santa Monica, Los Angeles

2020
Santa Monica, Los Angeles

**✿❀○❀✿**

NARRATOR'S POV
IT WAS TOUGH for the whole family to have a family member on the lose that didn't want to find his way back home. He didn't want to talk to any of his sibling nor mother after they blamed him for not getting to know his daughter that he'd no idea existed. However, at the same time he needed them. Kaiden had never gone this long without speaking to any of them. That didn't change anything though as he still had no intention to reach out to them and try to make them forgive him for something that wasn't his fault. He was the victim, if one even existed in this situation. Despised that, his family had crowned themselves that role, completely unfair in his eyes.

His family has grown desperate to repair their family and every single one of his family members had been spamming his phone. They didn't stop there. They continuously tried to get a hold of his friends, and they even tried to catch him when he is out in public. Despite their extravagant attempts, not a single one has been successful as he haven't been answering his phone, his friends stayed loyal to his wishes, and every time they were close to talk to him, he had already made his escape.

Kaiden didn't feel like speaking to them and the more they tried the more annoyed he got. He just wanted to be left alone with his thoughts so he could contemplate the situation without making an outburst. He knew he would only regret the things said.

"Are you never, ever, going to speak to your family again?" Shanice asked him, tracing the tattoos on his chest with her fingertips.

"I will, I just need time to think about it." He looked up the ceiling as he spoke, his eyes examining the roof's every imperfection.

She turned her head, looking up at his face, as her head rests on his shoulder. "Kaiden, you have been thinking for a really long time now. I don't think it's healthy to not face the situation and drag everything out. You're just hurting yourself by doing that, and your family gets to suffer too." She shared her mind.

"Is it bad that I want them to hurt?" Her hand movements stoped for a second, before continuing, Kaiden taking notice of it.

"I don't understand why you want them to feel bad. Why don't you try to be the mature one and fix the fight? I know how much you love your family and how close you are-"

He huffs. "If we were so close they would have told me about keeping in contact with Isabella. It doesn't make sense to me why they wouldn't just tell me straight up. Sure, I wouldn't be happy about it, but at least I wouldn't have found it out like this."