↳ o ༉‧₊˚✧

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚♡ ⋆。˚ ❀
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ �⋆
┊ ⊹
✽ ⋆ ┊ . ˚
˚✧

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐

o, PROLOGUE

└─────── °∘❉∘° ───────┘

2016Manhattan, New York

2016
Manhattan, New York

**✿❀○❀✿**

NARRATIVE'S POV

Kai's heart ripped as he strained his voice to mutter the words he never thought he would to her. "Let's... break up." Despite the circumstance, he felt somewhat calm when the phrases finally escaped his lips. Sure, saying these words out loud was painful, but staying in the situation the couple were in would be even more painful. It had to be done, and he knew it. They both knew it.

Bella watched Kai's lips as he spoke the words she was dreading to hear. She simply wished she knew what to say to keep him. But more than anything, she wished she knew that a choice she had made two months ago would inevitably lead to this day. If she knew, she would have done things very differently.

A look of tired resign painted Bella's face. She hated hurting him, and she knew there was things and emotions she had to sort out if she wanted things to work with Kai. And To do that, a break was required. It broke her heart, but Bella agreed to the break up.

Kai nodded resignedly, trying his best to drain his tears back where they were coming from. Giving Bella one final hug, he left her property, a suitcase of his belongings in tow.

It was a cold night, however instead of calling himself a ride, he decided to walk. He had to clear his mind, and reconcile with the decision the both of them had made to break up. It wasn't a spur of a moment decision. The both of them did try to work things out, but like a flowing tap, the relationship was falling through his hands quicker than he could salvage it.

When he was a safe distance from Bella's house, he finally allowed himself to ball up at the side of the road to cry. He cried for the loss, for how easy things had unravelled because of one person. He cried for not being able to stop this night from happening.

Just like Bella, he wished he knew that the return of an ex-boyfriend would eventually cost him and Bella's relationship. He wished he trusted his gut to not allow him to step back into their lives. He knew he were every bit as accountable as Bella for this outcome. When he came knocking on Bella's doors two months ago, Kai even felt sorry for him. Because of the loss of his father the singer had turned to heavy drugs which resulted in him needing to take a break from his singing career. Feeling lost, he had come to Bella searching for comfort and company. This led to a persistent visitation from him to Bella's residence every day, and soon it led to a complete infiltration into Bella and Kai's relationship.

Their relationship was invaded right before Kai's eyes, but there was nothing he could do. Fights with Bella had been fought, but no matter the angle, Bella was unable to desert her ex-boyfriend. That was how kind of a woman Bella was. She knew the guy needed a friend, and she was one for him, even if that meant spending lesser time with Kai. In her perspective, it wasn't like it was a permanent arrangement. When he was all better, their lives would all go back to the way it was.

The straw that in the end broke the camel's back happened when he came home from work this evening. He had walked into the living room, only to find Bella kissing her ex-boyfriend with pure desperation. Seeing that broke his heart immensely. The pain only adding on when Bella admitted that having her ex-boyfriend back in her life had brought back some buried emotions.

When he has cried all his tears, he stood up and dusted himself off. He nonetheless had a life to live, with or without Bella. Even though his relationship with her had died a premature death and under such circumstances, he had no regrets for having met her. Because honestly, she had always been the light to his darkness.

He wiped away the remaining tears and continued the rest of his way, away from his now ex-girlfriend. Neither him or Bella knowing that four years later would be the reunion none of them — Kai especially — dreaded to have.

**✿❀○❀✿**

AUTHORS NOTE!
I honestly really struggled with this, but hopefully the outcome was alright as it took me a whole lot of hours...

AUTHORS NOTE!I honestly really struggled with this, but hopefully the outcome was alright as it took me a whole lot of hours

- Vote, Comment, Share & Love