↳ 11 ༉‧₊˚✧

CHAPTER 11!
(Marsh)

2020Santa Monica, Los Angeles

2020
Santa Monica, Los Angeles

**✿❀○❀✿**

KAIDEN'S POV

"I think she's really into you." Finley bumps my shoulder with his as he leans against the bar, waiting for the drinks we just ordered. "Shanice, I mean."

I mirror his position. "I hope not. It's not really the best time for me, and I would hate to break her heart." I shake my head in distress as I look at Finley who's attention seem to be somewhere else. "Hello?" I wave my hand in front of his face to gain his attention, but it doesn't seem to work as his wide eyed gaze is stuck on something or someone behind me.

As I'm about to look behind me, Finley quickly grab a hold of me, making me stop. "Don't look behind you." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"And why is that?" I feel how a small smile of amusement start to creep onto my face, but by the way Finley starts to panic, it slowly vanish. "Hey, you okay?" I place both of my hands on his shoulder, lightly shaking them as to ground him.

"Yeah, yeah- I'm fine. But-but...you probably won't be soon enough." His words is like a riddle that I don't understand. So to try and get some kind of clue of what he means, I attempt to turn around. However, Finley only tightens his grip on me so I can't escape.

"Man...you're making me nervous." I chuckle as to ease my increasing nerves.

"Maybe you should be." His voice is slightly trembling before he quickly let go of me and place both his elbows on the bar counter, pretending to be busy.

I don't have the time to ask what he is doing before a voice speaks up. "Well, isn't it 'Mr. I'm drunk on a bench'?" I instantly recognize the teasing tone, and force a smile onto my lips as I turn around.

"Gigi!" I cheer the best I can as I lean in for a quick hug which she returns with a huge smile.

As we part, I glance to Fin who acts like he isn't there, so I nudge him to gain his attention and not make me be in this awkward situation alone.

"Fin?" He slowly turns his head to me, his face full of annoyance when he meets my eyes.

"Yes, Kaiden?" He forces the happiest smile I've ever seen as he speaks through gritted teeth.

"Hi to you too, Mr. Happy. This is Gigi, or Jelena. She's...her...sister." I say sarcastically as I gesture to the girl in front of me. "I don't know if you've met or not, but-"