↳ 3 ༉‧₊˚✧

CHAPTER 3!
(February)

2020Holmby Hills, Los Angeles

2020
Holmby Hills, Los Angeles

**✿❀○❀✿**

KAIDEN'S POV

THE SILENCE BETWEEN us is uncomfortably loud. Even the quiet conversation from the rest of the guests, makes my nerves hit the roof as me and Bella just stare at each other, not uttering a single word. It's clear that we both want to speak our minds, but the multiple humans around us are keeping them unspoken.

Her piercing blue eyes meet my hazel ones and all the memories we shared four years ago, both good and bad, flash in front of me in a matter of seconds, until I get brought back to reality by Bella's fragile voice.

"Please tell me I'm not as forgettable as your silence is making me feel." I visibly gulp in response, but before I can utter a single word, a small voice is quicker.

"Mama?" My head snaps in the direction of the child's voice, and I'm met with the back of a curly haired girl who wants the attention of her mom.

"Yes, baby?" Bella's voice rings through my ears and I immediately feel how my eyes bulge out of my head, the realization hitting me like a brick.

Bella has a fucking kid?! A kid?!

"Oh, god, I'm gonna faint." I mutter to myself as I subtly grab a hold of a parasol beside me. My eyes close for a second as I try to get control over my mind as I'm in one of the most shocked states It feels like I've ever been in.

"Cake." The girl say as she points to a plate of cake next to me. Bella glances at me and gestures for me to take it. I audibly gulp before doing what my ex-girlfriend silently asked me to do.

"What do you want? Cake? Okay, let's get some cake." Bella says in a excited voice while she places a hand on my shoulder, pushing me down to a squatting position, before mirroring me. The small amount of touch from my former lover, makes my body fill with warmth as well as comfort, but I try to ignore it and focus my attention on the small toddler who wants the dessert I'm holding.

I glance to the brunette beside me and she nods her head with an encouraging smile as she gesture for me to hand over the plate of cake to the small girl. I let out a shaky breath before slowly and cautiously stretching my arm out towards the mini Bella in front of me.

The kid is almost a copy of her mother, and I can feel myself getting lost in the beauty of the child who I so deeply wished me and Bella shared instead of her and someone else. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about her being with someone that isn't me. However, I know it wouldn't turn out good if my wish became true.