Suddenly, the girls mouth opened, and she arched farther off the table, letting loose a piercing, blood curdling shriek. Her hands clenched to fists again, and she took a deep breath, before expelling it in a long scream.

"Nurse!" Doctor Connors, a man in his late fifties asked, coming running. "This girls been poisoned. It looks like some form of morphed Benzene. We need to get her to theater now!" Nurse Amy yelled, batting away a piece of her frizzy red hair that had fallen out of the bun as the tried to hold the withering girl.

A few doctors grabbed the girl, and she shrieked as their hands touched her burning skin. They pulled her down the hall.

The boy stood in the waiting room, watching as the busy bodied nurse he'd only briefly met ran after the doctors, trying to help.

Yes.

Nurse Amy Jackson had seen all there was to be seen.

Until now...

****

****

It was three am in Las Vegas.

Partiers, drunk, sober, and tipsy, all moved on to find a bed for the remainder of the morning, trying to sleep off the various stimulants they had taken, while the hardcore partiers searched for new digs.

However, in a hospital sat a young man, anxiously waiting for a doctor. Katrina Veynox had come out of surgery two hours before, and still James Allegresso had not been told a word.

He currently sat in an empty, plastic chair in a waiting room, his head in his hands, his face solemn, praying that his girlfriend would be alright. The pain in imagining loosing her was too painful, so he centered all his strength into hoping she was okay. The room he sat in was white, with dark tiles. There were pictures drawn by children on the walls, put there in a feeble attempt to create a cheery atmosphere. It had failed.

"Mr. Allegresso?" The doctor asked. James looked up. Two things spilled across his mind. The first was; If she was gone, how would he tell her parents. They'd left soon after her performance, but not before enjoying the dance floor, telling them to "Have fun," and "Cut loose." how would he tell them that their only daughter was dead.

And the second, worse still, hew would her real mother react to the news? Oddly enough, Katrina's mother would not target James, the cop who had pretended to be a part of the gang. But instead she went after her own daughter.

Relief, that her plan had word?

Sadness, for the loss of her daughters life?

Or, would she just not give a shit?

James bet on the latter.

"Yes, doctor." James asked, his voice hoarse.

The doctor motioned the boy to follow him up an elevator and into the hallways. Eventually, they stood in the middle of the place as people hustled and bustled about.

"She's in there," the doctor motioned to room 102. There was a closed door, ond to the right of the door was a observation window, but th blinds were down, at the moment.

"She is in stable condition. The chemical used to poison her was not pure benzene, but a mutation of it. It would take a lot of money and connections to find a lab to be able to do that. She's in a coma. When, and if, she wakes up, it will be sudden."

James nodded slowly.

"May I ask, what are her hobbies? Because, in all honesty, I've never worked on a woman with that much stamina. Its incredible, actually." The doctor sound in awe and waited for James's reply. However, he was suddenly cut off.