04 || WILL

Waking up in bed, naked, next to Will Halstead was not something Riley had expected to happen, but it did... And she was.

At least she was in her own bed, her pets banished from the room so as not to end up traumatised from the things that went on inside it.

"Good morning." Will's sleep raspy voice reached her ears as she rolled over to face him.

"Morning." Riley whispered, accepting the morning kiss he leaned in to give her.

Will had taken Riley out to dinner the night after their drink at the bar. The two of them had had a nice time, talking and catching up. And well, one thing led to another and the next thing she knew Will was on top of her and her nails were digging deep into his shoulders. Not a bad way to end the night honestly.

Riley liked Will, she always kind of had ever since she'd first met him at the hospital. When he'd stitched her up after she cut herself on a piece of rebar, the scar of which still present on her lower back. Ever since then the two had always flirted, always teased each other... until the incident happened and she shut herself away from everyone.

Will knew what happened, he'd tried to talk to her afterwards, as she sat in the hospital with the bodies, but she wouldn't listen. And since then he hadn't heard from her. Until the other night when he saw her at Molly's, it was then that those feelings came back, and now here they were.

He never mentioned anything about what had happened though, he knew from Maggie who was close with Riley, that she didn't like to talk about it, so he never asked. Never brought up anything to do with the incident and he wouldn't, not until she was ready to talk about it.

"I have to get to shift." Riley said softly, leaning in to kiss him again before she rolled over and sat up, her long orange hair covering most of her inked up back.

Will shuffled closer to her, his finger tracing over her scar that he'd stitched up himself, before his arm slinked around her waist and pulled her backwards.

"Or we could just stay here." He said deeply into her ear, pressing soft, gentle kisses down her neck.

"Tempting... but I have people to save. And so do you." Riley poked the end of his nose before she kissed him again, it was only then did he finally release her, watching her inked up body walk naked into the bathroom.

The gentle sound of the shower could be heard, muffled, coming from Riley's en-suite as Will lay in the large, super comfy bed, the black sheets rumpled beneath him. He was still in awe of her house, the dark, gothic decor inside wasn't anything he'd expected, despite her dress style. Even the outside of the house looked like it was pulled straight from a vampire comic or movie or whatever...

Honestly he had no idea how she could even afford a place like this, he didn't think firefighters earned enough to own a house this size. And only she lived in it, well her dogs and cat too, who he could hear outside the door, the three of them eager to get inside to their owner.

Eventually Riley came back into the main bedroom, a black towel wrapped around her body as she walked to her drawers, deciding to wear her work clothes into work rather than change there.

"If it's not too busy today, how about I swing by the firehouse around lunch? Bring you something?" Will suggested, happily watching as she got dressed in front of him.

"Yeah, that sounds nice... As long as you don't mind the guys staring at us, which let's face it, they probably will... Oh and there'll definitely be jokes about how ginger our kids would be if we had any." Riley said unamused, making Will chuckle to himself.

"I don't doubt it, but I think I can manage." He slid out of bed, heading towards her, pulling her waist towards him as he kissed her.

Riley guessed they were somewhat official now, which she didn't mind, she hated the whole dating start to a relationship. Sure it was necessary but it could be so boring sometimes, which is why she rarely went out with people. But she'd known Will a while, which is probably why this relationship came so easy.