𝙳𝚒𝚗𝚎

I put a smile on my face while my father introduces me to A bunch of people

I put a smile on my face while my father introduces me to A bunch of people. Luca's mom, Angelo's mom and dad, and Matteo's Mom,dad, and little sister and brother Milan and Milo. They are the cutest things ever. Milan is 1 years old and Milo is 10.

Once i've gotten introduced to everyone we all sit at the dinner table and I watch as everyone converses and eats their food. "are you not going to eat bella?" Luca's mom asks me with a smile "No, i'm not that hungry" I say and my dad gives me a look i can't really read before continuing his conversation and Luca joins it.

Matteo looks at me then down at my food and I shake my head knowing what he's getting at. "how old are you" Milo asks from besides me "I'm 16 but I'll be 17 in 2 months" I say and he pulls his fingers out and starts counting

"that means there's only 7 more years until we can date." he says proudly and I laugh "but then I'll be 24" I say and he looks disappointed "tell you what, when I'm 24 and you're 18 and there's nobody that i'm madly in love with, I'll consider it" I joke "yeah!" he says and his mom eyes him "Milo, your dinner is going to get cold." She says and he looks down at his plate and starts eating.

my dad clears his throat to get everyone's attention and we all turn to him. "I've just been informed that we have a possible location on where my daughter Aura is." my dad starts and my heart stops. like I can't breathe and the room is getting tiny. he starts to say more and more things and people are congratulating us with smiles but i can't move "may I be excused" I blurt out and jump out of my seat before my father answers.

I get up and walk through the house before reaching the back door. I walk through the garden until I finally find the bench that me, mom, and Aura painted when I was little.

I lay down in front of it looking up at the stars trying to focas my breathing.

My sister. no it can't be. she was gone for years. and now we suddenly found her. I don't believe it. I can't. I won't. My thoughts race through my head as I can't think of anything but my sister and how she was found.

flash back

"mom! dad! what happened! where's aura!" I yell when I get into the office. My mom is on the ground with a knife in her stomach. there's glass everywhere and the windows broken. my father is tied to his desk unconscious. he has cuts all over his body and bruises everywhere blood. everywhere. "listen to me bean, go into our room and in my dresser there's a phone and a note on the note it has four numbers. call the number in the phone.

"I can't, I can't leave you." I say tears streaming from my eyes. "where's Aura" I say again and my mom looks like she's going to black out. "just do what I said Ana." My mom says weakly and I run out of the office.

as I pass by the windows I see guards outside lifeless. why me. why am i the only on alive. I think to myself as I run through the hall. I get into my moms room and open her side table drawer in the drawer there's an old phone and I open it using the code on the sticky note.

I call the number that's already in the phone and it picks up immediately. "what's wrong" I hear a voice say, it's my uncle alex "theíos alex! mommy has a knife in her stomach and daddy looks bad and he's not awake! I don't know what's happening and Aura is gone!" I say and my theíos's voice is now very serious "Ana listen to me. go into your bathroom and lock the door. do not let anyone in. not even me I will get in on my own. I'll be there shortly." He says and I do as told.

flashback over.

"Ana?" I hear a voice say snapping me out of my trance. I wipe my face and turn my head seeing Matteo "are you ok?" he asks sitting next to me with a plate of food in his hand

"i'm fine" I say and he huffs "you're not fine bella, you were just told your sister has been found" he says and I want to cry

"can we not talk about that" I say looking at him and he thinks for a second but nods his head. "you need to eat though." he says and I shake my head no. "ana you haven't eaten all day." he says and I shake my head no again but speak up "i'm not hungry" I say "anastasia." he says sternly but me being my stubborn self I ignore it.

Matteo grabs my side and pulls me into his lap pushing my back onto his chest and gently holding my head back against him. with his free hand he lifts up a forkful of pastitsio which is kinda like lasagna and he holds it up to my mouth "open." he says and I do as told.

what the fuck kinda hypnosis

he puts the food into my mouth and watched me as I chew and swallow. "good girl." he praises before doing it again.

when i finished the food we sat in a comfortable silence but I decide to ruin it because I don't want to hear my own thoughts.

"can we talk?" I ask Matteo breaking the silence.

"sure. what about?" he asks but i don't answer

"tell me about yourself." he says and I shake my head no, I don't like talking about myself. I always either sound narcissistic or broken it's weird.

"ok I'll tell you what i've noticed about you then." he says playing with my curls. "I've notice you have different smiles." he says and I look up at him confused.

"yep, you have one when your laughing, one when you're meeting someone, a small smile when someone compliments you, a smile when you're uncomfortable and you have another when you happy." he says before continuing "I haven't seen that one but i've seen pictures and it's my favorite one"

word count - 1083