08

"So, were just gonna walk until you both eat the whole state?" Sydney asked.

"As much as your friend over here would love that, that's not what we are here for today." Klaus replied.

"I heard that." Stefan replied with a grumpy expression on his face.

"and what are you going to do about it?" Klaus smirked.

"You do remember what you have to do, right?" Klaus asked for the millionth time.

"Yes yes and yes, are you not sure i'm capable of doing this?" Sydney asked back.

"Syd, you just have to pretend to be his girlfriend for two seconds, you don't need to be an oscar awarded actor for that." Stefan cut in.

"Okay okay."

"Rudy, Rudy come on, it's too hot to make me come looking for you!" The trio heard a woman yell.

As she bent down to pick something up, Klaus and Sydney stood right in front of her.

"Hey, um me and my boyfriend's car ran out of gas a few miles back. We've been walking for almost forever and this was the first house we found, could you please let us make a call?" Sydney explained politely.

"Don't you have a cell phone?" The woman asked.

"Huh, yeah." Klaus took his phone out his pocket. "Battery dead."

"Look, we promise we aren't serial killers, just wanna use your phone." Klaus added and Sydney smiled forcefully.

The woman sighed, "sure".

"So can we come in?" Klaus asked.

"No, I'll just grab the phone, wait a second." the woman replied.

"Ugh, I thought you country folks were more trusting." Klaus stated, annoyed.

"I'm from Florida."

"Well, that explains it." right after that Klaus grabbed her throat and compelled her.

"Now show us a little southern hospitality, sweet pea."

"I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran to a house with air conditioning." Another woman said.

Then saw Klaus having her friends throat in his hands.

She asked, "What's going on?"

"Please don't be alarmed, me and my boyfriend were told that Ray Sutton lives here." Sydney quickly said before Klaus could say anything.

"He's almost never home, he's on the road mostly." She replied.

"But i expect he makes it home, once a month. That's what i thought. where is he now?"

The woman stayed silent, which pushed Klaus' buttons.

"If I have to make you tell me it's going to be infinitely more painful for you. Hmm." He smiled.

The woman ran to the kitchen and opened the front door, but Stefan is standing in the doorway.

She screamed.

"I love it when they run." Klaus smirked while Sydney glared at him.

"He's in toll. It's near the border, there's a bar called Southern Comfort, it's on the highway 41." The woman gave up.

"Thank you, my love." Klaus added, which Sydney felt a spark of jealousy about, but she just brushed it off.

"Now, may my friend come in?"

The woman cried, "Yes"

Klaus threw the woman into Stefan's hands.

"Kill this one quickly and make that one suffer, we'll be in the car." Klaus demanded.

"Did you have to make Stefan kill them?" Sydney asked, clearly annoyed.

"He has to have some fun, it's not our honeymoon yet." Klaus smiled at her.

Sydney just glared at him, speechless.

Stefan, Sydney and Klaus could see Ray Sutton walking in the bar and ordering a beer.

The plan was simple.

"Hello" Sydney said in an innocent tone.

Ray took a look at her, she was wearing a black dress that Klaus had brought her, a leather jacket and a nice pair of nude heels.

"Beautiful night, isn't it?" Sydney said, hoping for a little conversation to begin.

"Not as beautiful was you." Ray answered.

"So, can I offer you a drink?"

"She's had one." Klaus stepped in.

"Who are you?"

"I certainly don't think that you are in the position to ask any questions, Ray Sutton."

"God, I've been looking for you everywhere. We started in Florida, Pensacola. I met a young chap there who you used to work with before you moved to Memphis, now he directed me to two lovely young women. And they led me here, to you." Klaus explained.

"I think i'll be going..." Ray quickly stood up, but Klaus stopped him.

"Not so fast mate. You only just got here, now your type are very hard to come by."

Ray tries to walk the other way but he bumps into Stefan who is standing there and stops him.

"I wouldn't to that." Stefan said as he pushed Ray back into the counter.

"Vampires." Ray realised.

"You're swifty swift Ray! Yes! My friend here is a vampire. He compelled everybody in the bar so don't look to them for any help. I however, I'm something else, a different kind of monster. I've got some vampire, I've got some wolf, and the princess over there is off limits." Klaus explained while Ray watched him with the most confused look ever.

"You what?"

"hybrid Ray, I'm both. You see I want to create more of me. Now you being the first werewolf that I've come across in many a moon, pun intended Ray! I need you to direct me to your pack. So, where can I find them Ray?"

"You can't compel me, it won't work." Ray reasoned with him.

Stefan starts scratching his head, Klaus looks at him and he nods. Stefan turns around and takes out something out of his back pocket.

"Can you, uh bring out the darts?" Stefan asked the bar man.

"So, Ray we are going to play a little drinking game, something i like to call "Truth or Wolfsbane"."
Stefan said, while Klaus stood there, smirking, while Sydney casually left the bar.

Stefan pulled out a pouch of wolfsbane, poured it into his hand, crushing it with his fingers.

"Oh this is gonna be fun, Ray."

stassie's notes
so, well i've been gone for a while but i promise i'll try to update AT LEAST once a month. my exams are in 1 month, that's why i've been so busy. also TYSM for 1k reads.