02

☾︎

since the interesting moment at the dance Sydney felt scared, something no one expected her to feel for some reason.

She couldn't sleep so she just ended up getting lost in a book again, it happened very oftenly.

At some point she fell asleep, falling into a beautiful dream of him.

She hoped that the dreams would come true at some point, she just didn't know how.

Nik, that's what she called him. Maybe it was a nickname, but she felt some sort of comfort in the name.

☽︎

Her alarm clock, also known as Elena woke her up.

This time it was easy for her to get up, she had a math test and if she was late, she didn't know what she would do, she did end up studying a lot for the test, she couldn't be late.

A pair of converse, low waisted flared jeans and a long tight t-shirt was always her choice, she just switched up the colours. It matched Elena's style as well. The twins didn't have much in common, maybe only their style was matching.

☾︎

"Sydney Gilbert, get down here or I will do something that you will not enjoy!" Elena yelled from downstairs.

Sydney quickly got down, seeing that Jenna had made pancakes instead of waffles she immediately felt betrayed.

Basically what was for breakfast was always a war.

Jeremy never got to choose what they ate tho, poor kid.

Sydney ate while reading "Idiot" by Fiodor Dostojewski. One of her favorite writers.

School was boring that day, but it didn't really bother her, everyday was the same.

☽︎

"So, miss grumpy, you wanna do something today?" Caroline asked her best friend.

"Totally, every day is getting boring so hanging around wouldn't be so bad." She answered with a smile.

"Okay, what happened to the sydney I knew?" Caroline asked.

"She's feeling a bit positive today, is it that bad?" Sydney asked back.

"No, no totally not, she should most definitely be like this more often." Caroline answered.

The two girls laughed and spent the day feeling positive.

☾︎

"Sydney!" Caroline yelled as she heard Sydney's phone ringing, she spent the night at Caroline's watching Barbie movies all night.

Sydney got up and left the room, she didn't even look at the contact, she just answered "Hello, little one." Yeah... Damon's voice, something that she wanted to hear the first thing in the morning.

"Do you mind explaining why the hell you woke me up or do I have to do something drastic?" Sydney threatens.

"Woah careful there, I just wanted to ask if Elena was home." Of course, the Salvatores obsessing over Elena. It's not that she cared, it just got annoying sometimes.

"First of all, it's like seven am-"

"no bossy, it's 12 pm" Damon cut her off harshly.

"That does not matter, you can just call Elena y'know, she has a cell phone and your spooky little self probably spookily found Lena's number, so stop bothering me and go call her." Sydney practically yelled to the phone.

"you seem like an easier option, I call you, you get distracted from your favorite chemistry homework, yell the life out of me and then tell me what I asked to hear." Damon said.

"Oh really, I might as well warn Stefan about the fact that his brother is trying really hard to get her woman, lord this Katherine obsession is getting you to spook Elena, get a life Damon and by that I don't mean day drinking with Alaric, oh too bad you may not even be able to get Alaric back, how depressing is that? maybe organize a funeral for him? you could pull that off." Sydney continued rambling.

"Syd, who are you even talking to that loudly." Caroline yelled from the other room.

"Is that Caroline Forbes? oh my god did you sleep with her?" Damon tried to be dramatic.

"Shut it Damon, she's my best friend and if you are that interested in my personal life then I will tell you that I was staying over at her house, that's why I cannot tell you if Elena is home or not, now quit calling me before I block your number." Sydney ended the call and went back to the room.

"Who were you talking to?" Caroline asked.

"Damon, he wanted to know if Elena was home, typical Salvatore." Sydney rolled her eyes.

"Wait, is Damon the creep creepily in love with Elena the normal but not so normal behind his brothers back?" Caroline asked again.

"You're being dumb now." Sydney warned.

"And you, are being rude." Caroline responded with an annoying expression.

"I'm kidding, oh my god". Sydney laughed.

Maybe Sydney was harsh sometimes, but Caroline would love her no matter what.

☽︎

Stassie's notes

A filler chapter but anyways, lowkey obsessed with Care and Syd. Sydney is like really harsh i know but i'm trying to make her like Blair Waldorf as much as I can, y'know the "High Achiever" vibes. anyways, see ya next year with the new chapter.

take care, i love u