04

☽︎

This was it, Sydney could see the full moon from the window, She was very much worried, Hell she was even shaking.

Klaus had left the apartment, obviously and Katherine seemed to be asleep, probably liking the fact that Elena was about to die as she claimed that Elena stole her life.

She wished she could get out of this apartment, but she couldn't, she tried multiple times.

Klaus didn't compel her, but he did secretly make one of his vampires to compel her.

One thing no one, but Elena knew about Sydney was that in some extreme situations she would worry too much she would have panic attacks.

Elena was the only one who could help her through them growing up.

Now was the time that she realised she wouldn't last a day without her twin sister, her other half.

Quiet sobs that escaped her mouth managed to awake Katherine Pierce and once she saw Sydney she just got up and hugged her.

It was the right moment, and Katherine knew what Sydney had to go through at the moment, for this once she dropped the heartless vampire act.

And they stayed there, on Alaric Saltzman's couch, hugging each other, Sydney quietly sobbing while Katherine tried to keep her tears in, but failed at some point.

It was at these times that Katherine realised that she was a villain, she never intended to be one, it was fate, she secretly hoped Elena would escape death somehow, well at least she had friends and family who cared and would do anything for her.

While she was deep in her thoughts she didn't notice Sydney falling asleep in her arms and also didn't notice the way her eyes closed.

And the two girls fell into slumber, not that they intended to, it just happened.

What Katherine didn't know was Sydney's thoughts while she, herself was thinking about Elena.

☾︎

The morning came by, the Doppelgänger and the rude but better than her twin girl woke up.

"What the hell?!" Sydney practically yelled in Katherine's ears.

"You do realise that i have enhanced hearing and whatever you just did was a really painful thing to witness." Katherine tempted.

"Get over it, aren't you a survivor?" Sydney clapped back.

"You know Syd, that is not the nicest thing ever." Damon, who hasn't been noticed by the petrova girls suddenly spoke up.

"Damon!" Sydney yelled as she got up and hugged him but then something hit her and just stopped hugging him.

"Anything wrong, bossy?" Damon asked.

"I've been here for a few days and none of you decided to check where I was! What kind of friends are you guys?" Sydney yelled at him, making him a bit guilty which was exactly what she aimed for.

"Look, we did, we even found your location it's just that genius Mikaelson brother stopped us, Elijah, right? He assured us that Klaus would never dream of hurting you and just stopped us from coming for you because we would get hurt." Damon explained.

"And in which multiverse do you listen to people?" Sydney asked.

"Well um, he's an ancient vampire who cannot be killed so..." Damon reasoned.

"I am an ancient vampire too, Damon, you never really thought of being scared of me.." Katherine cut in.

"No time for that, what happened last night?" Sydney exclaimed.