2 • 139 • 151

Start from the beginning

"It's not suffice enough to fight against rankers, but she said it's a good improvement already. She also reminded-- warned me that I should not overwork myself, that an important thing is going to happen on me soon."

Charlotte smiled bitterly as she stood before the ice coffin. She extended her right hand and touched the surface.

"But we all know that I couldn't do it. If we want to survive, we need the help from everyone. Even the tiniest and smallest power could perhaps change the tide of the battle."

'I don't want to lose another person.'

As she traced her fingers on the surface, she then noticed that there was something wrong.

There was something on the ice coffin, something that was like a vine connecting one flower to another. The sharp edges of the flower reminded her of the past, a seal that she faced together with her friends to fulfill her task of coming the tower.

The ice box was surrounded by small white transparent flowers, and every single of them was connected with another by transparent white vines.

'The Crimson Red Flower Seal!'

In surprise, she withdrew her hand backward. The seal that required one to give up a large amount of fresh blood appeared right before her.

Charlotte was taken back. She was completely confused.

'How can the seal... appear right here...?'

In her mind, she thought of one person, the sole person who knew how the seal worked and capable of making and destructing it.

'Noah!'

Charlotte gritted her teeth. She didn't think that he would be helping her in this way. It was completely different than what she expected or desired.

"In order to help you, even when he was trapped inside the Hell Train by me, he used a method that could have destroyed his soul. He's fortunate enough that the method only took half of his power, but in the future, it will be harder for him to regain them back as the price of it."

The puppet's words resounded inside her mind vividly, as if her soul returned from hell to haunt her again. Though she was dead already, killed by her very own hands, but the resentment that the puppet held against Charlotte was so deep and dreading. And the hurtful words that she said one by one in order to break what she cherished the most were still inside her mind.

"Do you understand it now, Charlotte? I know that you are a special being, someone from another world, someone who is loved. And it's precisely because of their love that they keep sacrificing themselves for you."

Right now, she felt that her shadow was floating in the shinsu behind her. And her hands that she used to beat Charlotte up wrapped themselves around her neck behind her.

"You thought that you are a powerful person, but you are also a jinx bringing troubles for your friend. You can't be someone's shield or hope. You can only be their demise."

The abundant pink- colored wave of energy destroyed the illusion caused by those unpleasant memories.

'I won't be swayed by your words. Perhaps I am a jinx like what you said. But as unfortunate as I will be, I will rise from all challenges and obtain greater power...... only this way I could make my life more meaningful and protect my friends.'

She sighed before she smiled again. She reached out her right hand again and touched the surface of the ice box which wasn't covered by the flowers and vines of the Crimson Flower Seal.