158: Meet Me On the Battlefield

Mulai dari awal

The other got their bags and stuff.

But before they actually left, they went to Haven to confer with the council member who were overseeing it--on their request.

It turned out the council wanted to blame them for the attack, after Salem's message. And demand to know why they hadn't told them they were wanted.

Qrow said that the Mistral council had always been jackasses--only he didn't say it that nicely.

The teens had to wait outside while the adults talked.

"It's my fault," Shine told the council. "It was my idea to come here, so don't blame them."

"Now wait--" Qrow began--and Raven elbowed him.

"And is it true that you have Raven Branwen with you?" The councilmen demanded.

Did they not know her by sight? Fortunate.

"The whole thing needn't concern you," Shine said. "Because we're leaving. My apologies for the trouble we caused you, allow us to rectify it by removing ourselves from your kingdom."

"How do we know that will stop the attacks?" They replied to her.

"If you want us to hang around and give more reason for them to continue..." Shine said vaguely.

"Should we just take them prisoner now and turn them over?" Said one.

"You fools want to cooperate with her?!" Qrow said furiously. "Did you not see what she does?"

"Yea, we can't hold up against these attacks," the council said.

Shine clapped her hands, and looked at Qrow warningly.

"Gentlemen," she said. "The people that creature you saw wants are the only ones capable of stopping her from wiping out the entire world. That is the situation at hand. If you want to comply with her, you will shorten your time from months to days of survival. She is this close" holding up her fingers 👌. "To having the power to wipe out the whole world."

"Excuse me?" The councilmen said.

"It sounds hard to believe," Shine said. "But there are powers that she is after, which if she were to wield, she would use to wipe us all out. You've seen what she can do, is it that far fetched?"

They stared at her warily.

"The whole thing was a classic intimidation tactic," Shine said. "She comes off as all big and powerful with these pathetic plagues and her big green screen in the sky she did, but it's just for show. No one who was truly all powerful would warn you first, they'd just wipe you out in one go. She's flaunting her abilities so that you will fear her. But none of the attacks were extremely lethal for a reason. She is worried that if you unite against her, you'll slow her down. So if you want to survive, you will ignore what she said. Atlas took her seriously and they fell out of the sky. Don't make their mistake."

They stared at her some more.

"Atlas fell because they were attacked by grimm," the head councilman said.

"No," Shine said. "I was there. They fell because she got inside their head and they panicked. They tore themselves apart. We have General Ironwood in custody currently. They fought themselves, and so she had no trouble. And she wasn't the one who knocked the kingdom out of the sky, it was the fools who were in charge of it who caused that. She just capitalized on it. She'd like to take credit, but she's never brought down a whole kingdom single handedly. It was always the work of humans. So don't worry about her. No doubt once we leave, she'll be more focused on us than you. And if not, she would destroy you even if you handed us over. Your best bet is our work."