47: What Was Right is Wrong

Qrow recovered enough to take a swing at the Grimm...some kind of big, spider-like thing. Vacuo had some really grotesque monsters.

It spat some kind of webbing at him and stuck it to the ground, though on sand that wasn't the most effective target. It was enough to stall him.

Winter pushed herself up, and her eyes lit up with blue fire. 

"Stop!" She said, blasting it with cold air.

The spider looked at her like "you want this now?"

Then it leapt several feet into the air, so that it was even higher than her, and almost came down on her, but she moved.

Clouds began to form overhead.

The spider didn't wait for it. It shot more gooey webbing at her anyway.

Winter lifted herself over it and landed. She turned to run. The spider kept shooting more, then one caught the edge of her boot and stopped her.

"Hey!" One of the huntresses shot at the spider.

It turned and shot webbing right into her eyes, covering half her face.

"Ah! Get it off me!" she freaked out, clawing at her face.

The spider moved, a stinger coming out of its mouth.

Winter formed a summoned beast, and it charged it.

The spider turned around and scrambled over it with the speed that spiders possess. It was disgusting.

Qrow swung at one of the creature's legs, slicing it off.

It twisted and writhed a little, but that didn't stop it.

Winter finally zapped it with lightning.

It fell over and turned into smoke.

"Well, that was nauseating," she said distastefully. "Mai, are you all right?"

"No, get it off!" Mai screamed.

Joanna rushed over to try to help her.

"That's what I'm talking about--that magic stunt is going to cost you in stamina," Qrow insisted.

"Shut. Up." Winter wasn't having it.

But when she stopped letting the magic flow through her, she immediately paid the price.

Her whole Aura went grey, and her energy drained out of her, leaving her limp.

An easy target. The other Grimm turned and sniffed at her suspiciously, then they started going that way.

Shine suddenly ran out of the city and started to shoo them, saying, "Beat it!" She sliced through one, and it turned to smoke. The others ran to back it up.

"Get inside," Shine shouted at Winter, before chasing after them to get them farther away.

Winter just stared after her blankly.

"That woman just manages to pop up everywhere," Qrow observed dryly. "Does she have some kind of 6th sense...?"  [Coming from him?😏]

This sounded far away.

Winter had never fainted before and didn't really know what it felt like when it was coming on.

The ground just seemed to lose its gravity, and her head seemed to become full of static and blurry.

Qrow glanced back at her to see why she wasn't yelling at Shine--and instead saw her go completely wan and start to topple over.

"Winter!" He dropped his snide tone.