91: Make Them Believe

"You okay?" Wally asked Shine.

"Yeah," she said. Hugging her sides. "I just needed a moment so I wouldn't smack him in the face. Or cry."

"If this is getting to you too much, maybe we should take a break?" Wally said.

"No time for that," Shine said. "But later, yes, I think we should. If we get through this crisis, I move we both take a day off. Would you believe that I was trying to do that when Emerald knocked on my door. I certainly needed that prayer and worship time, I don't think I would have held up this long without it...but a I'm coming off as too calm because of it."

"That's your thing though," Wally said. "And mine, and I get called an idiot for it, at least they didn't call you that."

"Callous is not much better," Shine said.

"They don't know you that well," Wally said. "But it's cool, I think we've got it all sorted out now. You can come back in, maybe they'll even apologize for once."

"I doubt it," Shine said.

But she came back in and Pyrrha shot Qrow a look.

"Uh...look," Qrow looked pretty embarrassed. "Maybe I kind of jumped the gun a little bit back there. Spoke out of turn..so..."

"Huh...I guess you get that one," Shine said to Wally.

"Shine, I think he's trying to apologize," Wally reminded her.

"Hmm? Oh right, that's okay," Shine said.

"Was it?" Winter wouldn't have let anyone off that easily if they said that to her.

"We're all tired and stressed," Shine said. "Lashing out as people is easy when you feel that way. But if we're all done doing so, how about my idea?"

"Well tell us exactly what you had in mind," Pyrrha said, before anyone else could say someone offensive.

Shine began to explain her plan.

* * *

Mercury had called Tyrian while he was supposed to be cleaning up.

"Jackpot," he said. "I know where she is...I know where they all are."

"Oh?" Tyrian said, smirking. "Well this will please our queen. But can we get there?"

"I took some pictures of the place," Mercury said. "It's tricky to get into, but these dumba---s are going to make copies of the key, all I have to do is get one. Maybe I can pay off that idiot--" but he stopped short of telling Tyrian about Torchwick...not like he'd know who it was anyway. "Also, I met the Maiden myself. This is going to be way easier than we thought."

"Do tell," Tyrian's tail twitched.

"Apparently, she's got one kind of weakness," Mercury said. "She wouldn't explain what it was but it's gotta be pretty bad if she's hiding out like this. All we have to do is find it, and she's toast. We can do whatever we want with those powers."

"Splendid," Tyrian said. "Well, even I'm impressed. Anything else?"

"Yeah, one more thing," Mercury said. "One of them got kidnapped. Taken to some lab of some crazy woman. She's got Raven Branwen right now."

"What?" Tyrian was mad.

"No, it's a good thing," Mercury said. "Because that means she's got some way to nullify Maidens, and if we learn what it is..."

"Then we could use it on all of them," Tyrian finished. "But can you get the information?"

"I don't know if they trust me that much," Mercury said. "But there's ways around that. The tunnels that are under the school, they got to this inventor's house. There's two entrances. If these idiots distract her, we can sneak in there ourselves and pinch a few things."