Peng Lang stood still for a few moments, and finally thanked the nurse.

    He sat on the chair next to the bed, moving carefully, Ji Changshan's left hand was exposed outside the quilt, half of his hand was rash, and the back of his hand was pierced with a vial needle. Peng Lang originally wanted to touch Ji Changshan's arm, but he withdrew his hand before touching her. He looked at Ji Changshan from head to toe. She fell into a deep sleep, and the sound of her breathing entered Peng Lang's ears one by one.

    Peng Lang habitually touched his suit pocket, but there were no cigarettes in it. On the thirteenth day of quitting smoking, the easiest time to relapse, Peng Lang pinched his fingers. He didn't run away this time, not even for a second, nor did he think about running away. Peng Lang gently scratched Ji Changshan's wrist with his thumb, and his broad shoulders never relaxed for a moment.

    Near midnight, Ji Changshan woke up slowly, she blinked her eyes, time and space seemed to stand still, and the fear of the rest of her life suddenly seized her heart.

    One second before she lost consciousness, Ji Changshan still had her eyes open, and she could hear the ticking of the equipment, and someone said that the blood pressure was seventy-four, and she was given an epinephrine, but she couldn't make a sound. That moment lasted as long as a lifetime, and Ji Changshan saw all the forgotten memories in the depths of his soul.

    In the winter when she was four years old, she fell asleep one evening on the kang bed at her grandma's house, where it was as dark as it was warm. A man walked into the bedroom, and he chatted with his grandma. The grandma yelled at the man in the local dialect, and then yelled at the kang: "The thing that loses money is still surnamed Ji! It won't last a day, hurry up!" Take it away!"     The man picked up Ji Changshan, his arm was on the back of Ji Changshan's neck, she was in a daze, and when she woke up again, she was already somewhere else. Ji Changshan knew his parents, but he had never been to their home. Her father, Jiang Dayong, took Ji Changshan to another bedroom. Ji Xiaoyun was leaning against the headboard of the bed, with a scarf wrapped around her head, and a very small person in her arms.     Grandma said, there is no woman worse than your mother in the world, and your mother gave birth to another girl, and she will never want you again.

    Ji Changshan looked straight at the child who stole everything, and then raised his eyes to stare at his mother. Ji Xiaoyun's eyes were deeply darkened, which was evidence that she often got up at night to breastfeed. Jiang Dayong lowered his head, submissively repeating that his mother no longer raised children. Ji Xiaoyun glanced at Ji Changshan, the child was thin and small, with big eyes, Ji Xiaoyun could see some kind of bitterness and hatred in it, she shuddered.

    Ji Xiaoyun is in confinement and at the same time manages the accounts of the furniture factory. Jiang Dayong grows flowers and weeds every day, drunk and dreaming. Ji Xiaoyun can't take care of the two children, so he took a pair of scissors and compared it to his neck. She asked Jiang Dayong if she was exhausted so that the mother and son would be happy. Ji Changshan saw Ji Xiaoyun turn from anger to grief, and then another evening, when she was sleeping in the second bedroom, Jiang Dayong picked her up again.

    During that time, she went back and forth between her parents' house and grandma's house frequently, and every time she left, she fell asleep, as if she would be abandoned as soon as she fell asleep. Ji Changshan listened to the doctors' calm communication, and the equipment was still ticking. She slowly closed her eyes, and Peng Lang's face appeared in her mind.

    After finally finding a home, why did I have to leave so soon.

    Ji Changshan didn't have the strength to shed tears, she just regretted that she couldn't put the new ring on Peng Lang herself. Sapphires are really expensive, and such a small one is also very expensive. She didn't even say "I love you" to Peng Lang. But he should understand. If he understands, what should he do? This person is so timid, but she can't accompany him for a hundred years. There were plum blossoms falling in front of Ji Changshan's eyes, fluttering down. Zhang Zao has a famous poem: "As long as you think of the things you regret in your life, plum blossoms will fall all over Nanshan." Now she doesn't think there is something wrong with that client, it turns out that plum blossoms will really fall.