Chapter 38

Chapter 38 Missing you is not missing me.

    On the last day of August, Peng Lang returned home, which was Saturday.

    From Thursday onwards, Ji Changshan began to work quietly.

    She first took out the extra pillows and air-conditioning quilts from the cabinet, and put them in the sun for two days. When she came back from get off work on Friday, she picked up the pillows and quilts and smelled the sun. She walked towards the bedroom with the quilt wrapped around her arms, her heart was no different from the cotton inside, it was soft and warm.

    Ji Changshan took off the original bed sheet and quilt cover, and replaced it with another set that had just dried. Peng Lang liked the smell of her laundry detergent, and always said it calmed the nerves. She didn't feel soothed, but lying on the left side of the bed at night, the bed was full of aromas, and when she thought that there would be another person on the right side tomorrow night, her black eyes involuntarily rolled up.     She hugged the air-conditioning quilt covered by Peng Lang, and when she closed her eyes, her heart floated in the air, as if held by a pile of feathers underneath. These soft hair tips swayed from time to time, making her heart itch, Ji Changshan couldn't sleep more and more, she touched the phone to check the time, how long Peng Lang would stay at the airport.     Counting six times in a row, Ji Changshan got up and swallowed a melatonin, otherwise, when he saw him tomorrow, the dark circles under his eyes would fall to his chin, which would be ugly.     Early on Saturday morning, Ji Changshan got up and went to the vegetable market. He heard that the tomatoes here were fresher and sweeter than those sold in the supermarket. She had never bought vegetables before, so she researched the varieties of tomatoes on the Internet, but she was at a loss in practice, and finally asked the elder sister of the stall to help pick a few soft tomatoes.     The eldest sister said that these tomatoes were just picked from the small farm, so they are a few yuan more expensive than ordinary tomatoes. In the past, Ji Changshan didn't spend more money on food and drink, he just had enough to eat, and every extra penny spent was wasted. But it's rare to make Peng Lang noodles once, so Ji Changshan thinks it's better to eat better. She bought an extra handful of coriander, and stopped by the supermarket to buy a bottle of oyster sauce when she got home. She planned to show him the power of seasoning when Zhou Tian came back from Peng's villa.     Peng Lang's flight landed at around four o'clock in the afternoon. Ji Changshan finished the work at hand, put on a light blue shirt, draped his hair on his shoulders, combed it three or two times, and finally waited for his call.

    His car was parked under the apartment building, Ji Changshan walked quickly before going out the gate, but deliberately slowed down when he went out. Peng Lang glanced at the rearview mirror by the window on the right, his wife's blue shirt approached little by little, and with a click, she pulled the co-pilot's door open, letting in a wisp of late summer wind.

    Ji Changshan didn't turn his face to look at Peng Lang on purpose.

    They haven't seen each other for almost a month, but they are not unfamiliar with each other's faces.

    Every night in the past, Ji Changshan could receive a video call from Peng Lang. He took Ji Changshan to visit his apartment in Paris, and he was so careful that there was only a pair of men's slippers in the entrance, his own toothbrush was only in the bathroom, and there were two sandwiches in the refrigerator because he had to eat two for a meal.

    Even though his attitude is upright and sincere, Ji Changshan always wonders if Peng Lang is deliberately hiding something when he is not around.

    On the sixth day after he went to Paris, Ji Changshan pretended to be casual and asked: "When will Miss Su return to China?"