𝐭𝐰𝐨. 𝐦𝐚'𝐭𝐞𝐲𝐚𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚'𝐤𝐢𝐫𝐢

Start from the beginning

Making a songcord was difficult but when she looked down to Neteyam's hopeful eyes, Rasmei suddenly knew how Taylor Swift could write Lover Story in approximately 20 minutes.  In a rocking hammock even older than herself, Rasmei sat with her body laid by a little baby who had fallen asleep with his hands folded under the warmth of the knitted blanket that Rasmei had made for him so at night baby Neteyam wouldn't be cool.  Her fingers moved fast in an exact routine, bejeweled with an array of different stitches extending from her knitting needles.

Lie si oe Neteyamur

Humming through her voice, Rasmei took her time to decorate the bead she was making for her son. With so much affordance she put on, every single thread was tied tightly as she was afraid it would be broken in some way.

Nawma Sa'nokur mìfa oeyä

Her songcord was tied knotted to the whole way she became the Part of People, the love story between her and Jake, Grace's passing and to the thick to thin struggle and now she was adding the birth of Neteyam into the thread. 

Atanti ngal molunge

There were raised bumps and an area with small intentional holes in a pattern. Every day she thanked Eywa for sparing her the curse of arthritis that reduced her fingers to gnarled and painful twists of hardened skin and muscle, the bones crippled beyond repair.

Mipa tìreyti, mipa 'itanti

Even though she was sitting and measuring the thread for her own limbs, she was still knitting something for Neteyam today. By evening, she would be smoothing out the sky blue pebble that Jake had discovered beneath the pond and attaching it into. Rasmei would then tie a blue ribbon around the bundle.

Lawnol a mì te'lan

Lawnol a mì te'lan

Fanning with a hand fan, Rasmei rocked her baby slowly and gently. The neighboring pod could hear her singing to its own, but no one disturbed by that. When she looked down at what she was doing and cradled her sleeping child, her voice was gentle and warm through the soft night air of Pandora. She grinned in so many different ways, but only a select handful were expressed through her lips.  Slowly, she reached the red beads that had clipped to her hair for such a long time out and sewed to attach down the thread. The red bead was a symbol of love. Neteyam has a part for himself now just like Rasmei shared it with Jake.

Ngaru irayo seiyi ayoe

Tonìri tìreyä

Sometimes Rasmei's voice would twang or her tiny steps would suddenly bounce, making herself grin. Sometimes she grinned because of the words she used or the way her child paused to listen to a bird sing. His favorite moments, though, were when his mother grinned and held him in her arms, telling him about their bond, his bond with the people and nature. That was why she couldn't wait for his day of bonding with Eywa to come.

Ngaru irayo seiyi ayoe

Srrìri tìreyä