Memories

Floating.

It's the only way she could describe how she felt. Like she was floating on a gentile stream that caressed and eased her entire body, softly carrying her to the shores of consciousness. It was calm, quiet. She was warm and relaxed, a light breeze kissing and cooling, dancing as it brushed over her exposed skin. The sound of rain and smell of spring was on its breath as she inhaled slowly, barely noticeable over the rich scent of leather and incense mixed with a final hint of something she couldn't place that filled her nose and drew a content sigh from her lips.

"Hmm.. good morning, Vincenzo," she muttered airily as she held him tighter,  nuzzling into his shirt. She felt him shift, wrapping an arm around her and his lips placing a gentle kiss to her hairline.

"How are you feeling, amore?" His voice was thick, laced with sleep. She loved how it sent a teasing shiver down her spine.

"Like I'm floating. But also like everything…hurts?" She sighs, her brows scrunching together. Why was her body so achy? She shrugged it off and shifted, leaning up to kiss along his jaw.

"What,  uh…do…do you remember what happened?" She felt his fingers brush through her hair. Her cheeks heated as she remembered last night, flushing as a shy smile claimed her lips.

"You did wonderful things to me. I've never…and it felt so good." Her voice is a whisper and with her eyes closed she doesn't see his widen in confusion as she kisses down his neck, feeling a fluttering in her stomach.

"That's not… That was... Is that?" He stutters, trying to get words to form coherently. It was hard to think clearly with her kissing him like that. He was already fighting his desire for her that flared to life when he awoke, and the feel of her lips against his skin, soft body pressed into his…

"Is that the last thing you remember?"

She blinks her eyes open then, tilting her head up to look at him, confusion on her face and reflected in her soft blue eyes. "Don't tell me it was just another dream..."

"No, amore. That was no dream," he says quickly, licking against his lips to wet them. "We did…I mean. Yes, I did pleasure you, but that was two nights ago."

She pulls back, shifting to sit propped up on her arm as he looks at her with worry. "What do you mean two nights ago? That was just last night."

"You don't remember."

It wasn't a question. It was a statement. Her eyes widened with fearful confusion, leaning back further as her mind began to race, trying to remember anything but it was blank. All she remembered was her whole body exploding with pleasure she never dreamed would be possible before sleep abruptly snatched her away from her bliss.

"What don't I remember? What happened?"

He sits up then with a noticeable wince, scooting back to rest against the headboard and she sees his right arm wrapped from forearm to bicep. Worry replaces her confused haze and she moves to straddle his thighs, carefully taking his arm in her hands.

"You're hurt? What happened?"

"I slipped and fell. Just a sprain, no need to fuss over it."

"D…did you… did you get hurt…because of something I did?"

"No, Amore." His free hand comes up to cup the side of her face, thumb stroking against her cheek before he gently hooks two fingers under her chin, guiding her to look up at him. "You did not hurt me. But I did fall trying to get to you."

"What? Get to me?"

He sighs and kisses her forehead before pressing his to hers, arms wrapping around her waist. "You were not yourself yesterday. Then something happened with your powers and you lost control. I found you, in the lake in Primos garden."