Chapter 6: Can of Worms

Comincia dall'inizio

Kai groans "Ok it's one thing to let the son of your nemesis live with you. But having my sister here? I mean, come on! I thought this was a Ninja headquarters"

Nya came back on the speaker "You do know I can hear you... over and out!"

Kai slaps his head before the Ninja go to the bridge, Aria meeting them there, now dressed.

"Last we heard of Pythor, he stole the Map of Dens from Lloyd and is now on his way to open the last two Serpentine tombs" Nya informed them

"Ugh, don't remind me" Lloyd groans

"Pythor's out most dangerous threat. If he finds those tombs before we do, with his intellect and all four tribes unleashed, there's no telling what he'll do" Wu says

Jay sighs "But those tombs could be anywhere. Without the map, we might as well just throw darts at a map"

"Good idea. Why don't we?" Nya throws two darts at a map "These are the two locations of the Hypnobrai and Fangpyre tombs, and this is Pythor's tomb" she places another dart on the ma, after many hours of ruminating on why the tombs were placed in these three precise locations, I discovered a secret pattern. If you notice, all three are in line with the Ninjago symbol for serpent"

"So the last two tombs should be here and here" Kai says pointing at them

"There's little time. Kai, Jay, and Aria you head to the Venomari Tomb. Cole and Zane, you take the Constrictai Tomb. And take this" Wu hands them the sacred flute "You might need it if you run into Pythor. Good luck, Ninja"

"And what am I gonna do?" Nya asked

"Yeah, what are we gonna do?" Lloyd questions earning a look from Nya

"Nya, I need you here to make sure Lloyd doesn't get into any more trouble" Wu said

"Yes, Sensei" Nya agrees annoyed

Cole smirks "Alright let's go, boys-

"hey!"

"and girl" Cole adds "We got some snakes to club"

-

On their Blade Cycle and Storm Fighter, Kai and Jay arrive at The Toxic Bogs. Aria was riding with Kai. They stop to observe the acid lakes.

"We're going to have to go the rest of the way by swinging across the vines" Aria says

"Good idea" Kai agrees

After going across the vines the three find the Venomari Tomb's entrance, but when Jay opens it they find the tomb is already empty.

"We're too late" Aria says sadly

"That can't be right" Jay looks into the tomb more.

Kai leaves Jay and Aria's side as he investigates the Toxic Bogs more, only to encounter Spitta who was hiding inside an acid lake.

"Guys!" He shouts before Spitta sprays venom into his eyes "Guys help!"

The Venomari and Constrictai all come out of the acid lakes, cornering Kai as he starts to see the Serpentine as Gingerbread men and Christmas elves.

"Jay quickly" Aria says as they ran to Kai's side "good job flamebrain, you had one job"

Cole and Zane both arrive as backup. However, Pythor jumps out of the empty Venomari Tomb.

"How! He wasn't in there before!" Jay shouts

Aria takes Sacred Flute and starts to play. The Serpentine all covered their ears and Pythor used his tail to steal the flute.

"No" Aria tries to grab it back but Cole holds her back

"It's too dangerous" Cole tells her

As the Serpentine close in on the Ninja, they step back onto a sinking log in the acid lake.

"I'm too young to die" Aria whines and hugs Kai

"We're not going to die" Zane reassures her

"Yeah we'll figure something out" Jay agrees shakily

Before the log could completely sink and erode, a rope suddenly appears before them and allows the Ninja to climb to safety. A mysterious figure known as Samurai X flies down, sending out a large net toward the Serpentine which forces them to retreat. The figure inside the large mech jumps out, and the boy Ninja approach the Samurai to show their gratitude.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" Aria mumbles

The Samurai sprays them with a gas that causes all four Ninja to lose consciousness, to which the Samurai gets back into the Samurai Mech and flies off. Aria jumped onto the ground next to them and sat down.

Above the unconscious Ninja, the Destiny's Bounty flies overhead, shining a light onto them. Aria smiles and waves.

-

Later on in the night, the Ninja are conscious again inside the dining room of the Destiny's Bounty, each discussing the Samurai.

"Guys we should concentrate on the Serpentine not the Samurai" Aria lectures

"Aria's right, the Serpentine are the danger right now" Zane agrees

And while they fearfully speak of the Great Devourer Zane informs Sensei Wu that Pythor stole the Sacred Flute.

"This is all my fault, none of this would've ever happened if I didn't release the first three tribes" Lloyd groans

"We can only change the future, not the past" Wu sighs

An alarm goes off and the Ninja run to the bridge, the monitor showing Serpentine activity in Ninjago City.

"Let's go" Cole runs out, the rest of the ninja following

"Wait Aria" Wu stops her "Why don't you stay back?"

"Why?" Aria asks confused

"Just trust me." Wu says

"Alright." Aria sighs

-

"You know, whether it was in a lesson book or not, we used the destructive power of rumors to our advantage" Cole says

Kai nods "And now the Serpentine are further away than ever from getting their act together"

"I don't think we would've gotten out of there if it hadn't been for Zane" Jay adds

"Don't thank me. Thank Lloyd. If it hadn't been for his laundry skills, we all would've been found" Zane says and everyone laughs

"I'm glad you all had fun." Aria pouts

"It was for your safety Aria." Wu says "I promise, I'm working on a solution."

"A solution to what?" Aria asks

"I cannot say." Wu replies

Aria sighs "You always can't say."