Next thing you know

I got inspiration for this from a song of the same name. Enjoy. This is just a cute little oneshot love story between Ryan and Cameron and Cameron is already pregnant while Ryan is singing.

~*~

Ryan stood on stage with his guitar, his hand on the microphone, he smiled at the audience, then at the man he had been married to for the past three years now.

"I wrote this song for the man I love. Cameron, this is for you" he spoke with a smile, he began to strum his guitar and sing.

"You swear you're staying single, next thing you know, you meet a boy at a bar and next thing you know, you got him laughing, it's 2am, you're telling your buddies three months in that he ain't moving in, next thing you know, there's a U-haul trailer, next thing you know, your old apartment is y'all's new place, next thing you know, there goes the carpet, but the deer head stays, next thing you know, you're saving money like never before, only to spend it all at a jewelry store, getting down on one knee on his mama's porch, just praying he don't say no. Next thing you know, your best man gives a half drunk speech and you're sunburnt on a honeymoon beach and your left hand's getting used to that ring and there the next two or three years go.

Next thing you know, you weren't really trying, next thing you know, there's a test on the counter, next thing you know, he's standing there crying, nodding his head yes, you're both so excited and half scared to death cause next thing you know you're wearing scrubs and a funny white hat, the doctor's saying how ya doing there dad? Nobody's ever called you that and you take the drive home slow" he ended his song after a few more verses and everyone began to cheer.

He got off the stage and walked up to Cameron, who was smiling and rubbing his belly.

"Oh, Ryan. That was amazing"

The two smiled at each other and shared a kiss. "I'm glad you liked it"