Birth in the car

Louis had gone into labor roughly around midnight and had been in labor for a few hours, his husband was scrambling around to grab the necessary items they needed so they could rush to the hospital.

In the midst of the chaos, Louis had went to the bathroom when suddenly, his water broke. "Oh! Oh god! Eric!" he cried.

Eric heard his husband's cries and rushed to the bathroom to find Louis doubled over in pain, a puddle of fluids beneath his feet.

In a panic, Eric scooped Louis into his arms, grabbed their bags and rushed to the car, he settled Louis in the backseat and just in case they couldn't make it, laid a blanket and some towels underneath him.

After getting settled, they drove off.

The car ride was agonizing, Louis cried and screamed in pain.

After thirty minutes of driving, Louis cried loudly. "Stop the car! Stop the car! I can't hold on much longer!" he cried, causing Eric to pull over on the side of the road, away from the traffic.

"Calm down, Louis, we're so close, you can make it" Louis frantically shook his head.

"I can't hold on any longer! The baby wants to be born! I can't stop it" he cried.

Eric nodded and climbed into the backseat in front of Louis's legs.

"I'm sorry, the baby doesn't want to wait! I can't... I have to push!" Louis cried.

Eric held his hand. "Shh, just breathe, I'm right here with you. If the baby has to be born here, they'll be born here." he soothed.

"I have to push" Louis whimpered.

"Wait, let me help you" Eric helped Louis adjust himself into a comfortable position, once he was comfortable, Louis immediately began to push.

Eric smiled in encouragement. "That's it, you're doing wonderful. I see his head, keep going!"

Louis pushed with all his strength and soon, the loud wails of a baby crying filled the air, he smiled, seeing Eric holding up their baby boy.

"Oh, there you are" he said softly, holding his arms out for his son.

Eric handed Louis their baby, kissing the side of his head.

"You did it, I'm so proud of you" he whispered, brushing Louis' sweaty hair from his face