Birth at home

It started at about 6 in the morning, Connor awoke with a start when he felt a horrible pain in his stomach, it could only mean one thing, he was going into labor.

As soon as the pain began, Connor got out of bed and began to walk around his bedroom, hands resting on his rounded abdomen.

He was home alone, he would have to do this on his own, the thought scared him, but he knew that it was only a matter of time before he would have to give birth.

He was in labor for a few hours, it felt endless.

Currently, he was soaking in some warm water with a small mirror in the bathtub so he could keep an eye on his progress when he began to push.

So far however, he didn't feel that urge, his water hadn't broken yet, he assumed that was why he didn't feel the need to push.

He stayed in the water for a few minutes before he decided to get out and walk around again, his labor progressed at a regular rate, but felt agonizingly slow for Connor, he wished he wasn't doing this alone.

He walked around his house, up the stairs a few times, then sat down on his bed to take a break, he sighed softly and rubbed his belly, softly breathing through his contractions, he made sure to keep track of them.

It was now 8:30am, he had been in labor since 6, his contractions started off at random, then gradually started coming in a pattern.

They were now much closer together, almost to the point where they would come right after the other, but his water hadn't broken yet still, it was becoming unbearable, he thought he would have to call for an ambulance.

Then, finally, while Connor was squatting in front of his living room couch, it happened, he gasped when he felt a lot of pressure, followed by what felt like a water balloon popping inside of him, he looked down and saw that his water had finally broken, at 9:15am.

He sighed softly, thankful that he was in a nightgown with nothing underneath, making it easier for him to push when needed.

Once his water broke, he kept walking around the house, although it was getting much harder to do so, his contractions now only minutes apart.

At 10:30 am, he finally felt the urge to push, walking around his room to set everything up, he breathed through his contractions, all the while, gently pushing until he set up, he then settled himself in front of a large mirror in his bedroom so he could keep an eye on his progress.

He was finally ready, taking a deep breath, he began to push for the first time, casting his eyes toward the mirror in front of him, he smiled when he saw his baby's head slowly begin to emerge.

"That's it, nice and easy, come on, baby" he whispered, reaching down to gently rub the tiny tuft of hair.

With a stack of blankets on his bedroom floor and pillows stacked behind him, Connor spread his legs out more, making sure he was directly in front of the mirror.

He watched as his baby's head slowly crowned more and more, first a tiny tuft of hair, then gradually, the head began to emerge until he gasped when he felt the head fully crown.

Panting heavily to catch his breath, Connor readjusted himself and kept pushing, reaching down to catch his baby.

With one more hard push and a deep breath, Connor caught his baby, bringing the crying bunny close to his chest.

He smiled and grabbed a towel that was beside him, gently cleaning the baby.

It was a little girl, who had pink ears like him.

"Hello baby girl" he said with a smile, the baby girl stopped crying and looked up at her mother, eyes half lidded.

"You're so beautiful, welcome to the world" Connor caressed her cheek, then guided her to his chest so she could eat, he watched her and settled down against the pillows with a soft sigh.