"Lovely offer but it's not gonna make me think of what to do with this shit show-"

"Okay but you'll help us?" 'Lyric asked frantically.

"Nah Lyirc I'm just gone stand here and watch y'all figure it out," I rolled my eyes. "Y'all go upstairs I've got it." Waving them off,  I then stepped into the kitchen.

"You sure?" 'Thena asked.

"Yep, be gone, and Lyric please for the love of God and all things wonderful, stay yo ass out this kitchen." My sister nodded and they quietly went upstairs.

Sighing heavily, I took in the mess before me. A giant spot on the wall behind the stove, burnt to a damn crisp. I shook my head. What the hell am I gonna do?

An hour or so later, the wall was fixed and it was now almost 9. Going upstairs to my room, I changed into some more comfortable clothes and shoes, but left my makeup on. I just threw on a university hoodie, wide leg gray Nike sweatpants and my fuzzy white crocs. I freshened up in the bathroom because that dance was hot and made me a little sweaty. After applying my rolling perfume, grabbing my purse and keys, I headed out of my bedroom. Once getting in the hallway, I yelled to my sisters' closed bedroom doors letting them know I was leaving,

"BYE I'LL BE BACK LATER DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID!" I yelled, walking down the stairs.

They yelled back,

"OKAY BE SAFE!!"

"OKAY!"

"WE'LL TRY!"

With that I left my house and got in my car. I started to get nervous about meeting Lauren. I hoped she didn't change how she felt just that soon. Pulling out my phone, I texted her to see where she was and if she was ready.

Me to Lauren🥰
hey.....still good to go?

Lauren🥰
ofc where do you want to meet? or are we riding in the same car? also let's get food i haven't eaten all day🙏🏽

Me to Lauren🥰
lol ofc i was thinking the same thing, and I'm already in the car so just send your address and I'll pick you up

Lauren🥰
okay🫦 625 Jacksonville Rd

Me to Lauren🥰
alright I'm otw

Once entering Lauren's address into the gps of my car, I went to choose what music to put on. Usually when people are getting in my car, I change my playlist to more current music given that I listen to shit from 3 decades or more ago. Tonight though, I didn't feel the need to do that. 'Tell Him' by Lauren Hill blasted through my speakers as the car rolled out of the driveway.

She only lived about 15 minutes away from me, so the drive wasn't long. Getting close, I saw that her neighborhood was gated. Grabbing my phone to ask her what the code was, I saw she already texted me.

Lauren🥰
the code is 5344 btw

Me to Lauren🥰
lol i was sholl bout to text and ask what it was, come outside I'm here

Lauren🥰
alright I'm coming

A smile tugged my lips as the nerves began to settle in once again. I like Lauren a lot, and it's not that I feel I can't be myself around her, it's actually the opposite. The nerves I feel are like the excited kind. The kind where you can't sleep the night before you go on vacation or a field trip in elementary. It scares me though, how much I like her. She's so chill and down to earth and shows me the utmost care and genuineness. I've never had that before, not like this.