The Wedding

*Sorry the story jumps so far*

10 Years Later

Ivy and Onyx are both getting ready in  separate rooms. Ceremony starts in an hour.

   "T- Minus one hour!" Elaine calls from the hall of the venue. Elaine was Ivy and Onyx' friend. They met her later in high school. She was one of the only people in their friend group that stuck around after it fell apart. They trusted her enough to coordinate the ceremony for them.

   Guests started to arrive 30 minutes later. Elaine guided them to their seats.

     The music started to play. Onyx stood at the alter and the bridesmaids started to walk down the aisle. After all of the bridesmaids and flower girl made it to the alter, the bride, Ivy, started to make her way down the aisle.

   Onyx started to sweat. This was just like the Algebra test years ago. It wasn't that he didn't find her not beautiful, if anything it was the opposite. He thought she was absolutely stunning and he loved her so much. He would never do anything to hurt her. He loved her dearly. But his anxiety was getting the best of him. He thought about running away again, but he didn't want to embarrass himself in front of everyone or make her feel like it was her fault. He tried to stay still. Even though it was a small wedding, he felt all eyes were on him. She reached the alter. They said their vows. They kissed. They were officially married. And he had pushed through his anxiety.

   But he still had to get through the reception. For some reason that gave him even more anxiety than the wedding itself. The thought of dancing with her and everyone watching them irked him and not in a good way.

   Everyone made their way inside. Drinks and dinner started to be served. The music started playing. Ivy started to approach him. He couldn't do it. So he ran. He ran fast. Right out the door. But this time it was different. Ivy didn't come running right behind him.

   Ivy stood, stunned by what had just happened. She didn't even think to run this time. She just started to cry.

   He still continued to run though. He ran straight to the same treehouse that he ran to all those years ago. He sat inside the treehouse for a few minutes until he heard a crack. He though nothing of it and brushed it off. But it happened again. This time he noticed it more and questioned it. But the third time he heard it, there was no time to question it and he fell into the river.

Rushing water flowed over his body and pushed him under the currents. He couldn't breathe. It was different from the anxiety hyperventilation. This time he started to choke. He tried to scream.

"HE-! HEL-! HELP!" He screamed, lungs filling with water. He started to pass out. He new this was it. He shouldn't have run from her. She was his home. He felt comfortable around her. He loved her. She understood him. And he'll never be able to see her again.

He took his last breath as he swallowed the water and started submerge underneath the water. Everything went dark.

5 Weeks Later
Breaking News: Missing Runaway Groom's Body Found Washed Up Along River Shore

Ivy cried when she got the call. She thought there was no way it could've been him. When she was told to come identify the body, she cried when she saw his face because she knew it was positively him.