Chapter 23

My head is sayin', "Fool, forget him"
My heart is sayin', "Don't let go, hold on to the end",
that's what I intend to do
I'm hopelessly devoted to you
But now there's no way to hide
Since you pushed my love aside
I'm outta my head
Hopelessly devoted to you

- 'Hopelessly Devoted To You' by Olivia Newton-John

Over the next two months, Aliyah felt herself get stronger each day. Even though she wanted nothing more than to go outside, Jake and Neytiri decided she should rest and let her wounds heal first. Aliyah hated being bored all day, but they did help her go outside when she wanted to sit in the sun and admire the blue waves of the water. She got daily visits from Kiri and Tuk, talking excitedly about their adventures in the ocean. Tuk made sand sculptures with her, making up unbelievable stories about kingdoms and wild beasts while she crashed her hand in a sandy tower.
When Tsireya visited, she brought pearls and tiny sea shells, and braided the most beautiful things in Aliyah's hair while talking about her blooming relationship with Lo'ak. This was something she always teased the boy about when he came over, which made his face go extremely red, but he also told her about everything he and Tsireya did together. 

One day, Lo'ak entered the hut with a huge smile, and Aliyah raised her eyebrows, "Okay, loverboy, spill the details!"
Lo'ak sat down next to Aliyah, who was making tiny bracelets out of pearls, "We just walked around on the beach, that's it."
Aliyah smirked, staring the boy down, "Yeah, sure."
Lo'ak cracked under her unwavering eye contact, "We kissed today..." He immediately started blushing and failed to suppress a smile.
Aliyah gasped dramatically, swinging her arms around Lo'ak's neck, "Finally!" She backed away and squeezed his cheeks playfully, "My little boy is getting so big!"
Lo'ak laughed as he pushed her hands away, "Ever since Neteyam knocked you up, you're acting more like a mom each day, damn."
Aliyah crossed her arms, putting on a stern look, "Well, Lo'ak, I technically almost am a mom."
Her face softened, "But, really, I'm so happy for you. Now, one piece of advice: don't have sex yet, or Tsireya will end up like me."
Lo'ak's face reddened, "Ali! I ... I wasn't even thinking about that!"
Aliyah giggled while she winked dramatically, "Yeah, okay, me and Neteyam weren't thinking about it either." She placed a hand on her belly, which had grown significantly bigger since she woke up again. She tilted her head, voice laced with sarcasm, "Or maybe you'd make a great dad, Lo'ak. Yeah, go for it!" She ruffled his hair playfully.
Lo'ak's eyes widened staring at her belly, "Yeah, we're not doing anything like that soon, don't worry."
Aliyah grinned, and her attention shifted back to making the bracelets while she let Lo'ak talk about every little detail he loved about Tsireya and the days they had spent together. She loved letting him ramble like this, because she knew he'd get embarrassed easily for having these feelings. She liked the fact that he felt comfortable enough to share them with her. Right before he left, she gave him one of the bracelets she had finished, and he put it on with a wide smile.

Even Rotxo and Ao'nung came over to hang out with her, and the three of them became great friends over those two months. Aliyah promised to race the ilus with them again after she got beter, being inspired by Ronal riding into battle while she was extremely pregnant. 
Ao'nung scoffed, "Oh please, you know we'd take it easy on you because of your situation." He pointed towards her belly.
Aliyah raised an eyebrow, "That is such a lame excuse for being a sore loser, Ao'nung!"
Rotxo laughed, "But it's true! What if you get upset when you lose and the baby comes out!"
Aliyah frowned, "Uhm, not that I'm really an expert, but that's not exactly how giving birth works..."
Ao'nung slapped Rotxo's head, "Skxawng!"
Aliyah giggled, "Just wait, I'm gonna kick both of your asses out there!"
They spent the rest of their time discussing the conditions of the race they would participate in in the future.

Ma'ko visited her a lot as well, taking her on short walks on the beach before settling down in the setting sun. 
Aliyah nudged him after he helped her sit down in the sand, "You know, I think Ao'nung's got a crush on you."
Ma'ko smirked, "Oh, I know. I'm making him work for it."
Aliyah's mouth fell open, "So you like him too?"
He shrugged, "What's not to like? Amazing body, future Olo'eyktan," He wiggled his eyebrows, "Cocky attitude, and you know what that means!"
Aliyah let out a laugh, "Is that so?"
Ma'ko scoffed, doing an exaggerated impression of Neteyam, "Of course! Come on, Neteyam is such a 'I need to protect my family, I'll fuck you up if you hurt them' guy! You can't tell me his dick is not big as fuck!"
Aliyah blushed, tilting her head, "Well, ... " She bit her lip, remembering some fun times she had shared with Neteyam. 
Ma'ko grinned, "Damn, Ali, don't get all horny on me now."
Aliyah sighed, "Sorry! It's just been a long time, he thinks I'm so fragile these days." She looked down at her huge belly, "And this doesn't exactly make me feel super attractive right now."
He threw an arm around her shoulders, "I think you should just tell him! He's probably just as horny as you, trust me." He locked eyes with her, "And you're still hot, you've got that pregnancy glow."
Aliyah smiled, "Thanks, Ma'ko. Now, back to your love life! Please let me know if your cocky attitude theory is true."
He let out a contagious laugh, "Oh, you know I will!"