Chapter 1

Sweet creature
We're running through the garden
Oh, where nothing bothered us
But we're still young
I always think about you and how we don't speak enough

- 'Sweet creature' by Harry Styles

"Come on Neteyam, you have to trust me!" Aliyah whined as she impatiently pulled Neteyam's arm to get him to start moving. He crossed his arms as he looked down into her pleading puppy eyes.
"How can I trust you since you just tripped me yesterday! I had to spend an hour cleaning the mud off every part of my skin!" He raised a meaningful eyebrow, "And I mean every part."
She giggled "Oh yeah, my stomach is still sore from laughing at that. I'm proud of that achievement you know, you don't let me trick you as often these days". 

He squinted his eyes. "Because I don't follow you blindly anymore when you say things like 'trust me'. You should feel bad actually, you hurt the person you love the most..."
Neteyam's mouth curved down into a fake pout. Aliyah raised an eyebrow and smirked "I didn't know you replaced Tuk as my favorite person? That's news to me..." 

He pushed her head playfully. "Okay I get it, I'm not winning this conversation. So what do you want to show me?". She widened her eyes as excitement started creeping into her veins.

"So, I know you told me to 'not engage'", she mocked using air quotes, "buttt I observed the Sky people for two days and I think I found their weak spot!". She was talking about a little container set up nearby their home, where the Sky people planted a tiny base to pump fresh oil out of the ground for their machines. It destroyed nature and disturbed the animals, but their being Sky people was enough reason for Aliyah to want them dead. Ever since they took her parents, her heart was filled with only resentment for the tiny aliens. As they continued to destroy her home, her hatred only increased.

Neteyam frowned and let out a sigh.
"Aliyah, this is dangerous, we should not be doing this by ourselves. Dad would literally shout my ears off."

"Well, he might, but he is not my dad so I don't mind risking your ears for this." She continued, "Besides, I am absolutely positive we can do this with zero risk. It's a hit-and-run kind of thing, really!".
She pulled his arm before he could protest again and started running towards the base. "Now hurry up, we're losing the advantage!".
He sighed "You're totally going to be the death of me one day." She smiled at this.
"Aw, I knew you loved me Neteyam!".

After a short run, they arrived at the base, where they swiftly climbed up a high tree looking over their target. She held up a finger to her lips and started pointing to a generator nearby the container. She looked him in the eyes and mouthed "BOOM" as a lopsided smile formed on her face and her eyes sparkled with excitement. He observed the location for a second, before looking into her bright yellow eyes, returning her smile and nodding. Aliyah took out her bow and motioned to the arrow she prepared with a type of wax around the tip. Then she handed Neteyam the flint stick and held the arrow near his hands. He understood and started hitting the stick together to create a spark. After a few attempts, the sparks ignited the wax around the arrow on fire and Aliyah quickly adjusted herself to get a clear shot. Her chest rose from the inhaled breath as she remembered how Neytiri taught her to shoot with great precision. The muscles in her arms tensed as her grip on the bow strengthened. She lifted her fingers off the string, causing the arrow to fly through the sky until it pierced the metal hull of the generator. Immediately after releasing the string, Aliyah and Neteyam climbed further away on the tree branch and took cover. Neteyam instinctively put a hand on Aliyah's head and brought her closer to his chest.

There was a moment of silence before a big explosion interrupted the peace. The container was engulfed in flames and Sky people were running around trying to stop the fire from taking over their bodies. The base was completely destroyed. Aliyah watched the chaos from a distance, feeling more pleasure than she would care to admit. Neteyam noticed her smiling at the terror and nudged her arm to shake her out of her trance. "Let's go!" he said, and they quickly climbed down the tree and ran away from the scene.