"Then listen to me... I not known as 'Cupid Kai' for no reason. And Cupid Kai doesn't help everyone..... Now follow us... From afar."

__________________

"Your majesty, Omega Hyejin is here."

On King's order, advisor Taehyung had sent the messenger to the Kisaeng house. At first, Hyejin thought that Jimin must be in trouble but when she heard this was not the case, she couldn't help but feel more anxious.

Jungkook was waiting for Hyejin desperately.  His heart was feeling heavy. He didn't want to think much before knowing all the things himself. So when Taehyung knocked on the door saying Omega Hyejin was here, he almost shot up from his place. But he needed to compose himself.

"You may come in."

Taehyung entered along with the female Omega. Even though she was raised in a kisaeng house and was considered one of them, she was dressed quite gracefully and had such an aura to leave her impact on the wandering eyes. Her dark red hanbok moving with her power walk and the smoky make up on her feline like eyes could pierce any stone effectively. After she bowed to Jungkook in greeting, he gestured her to sit. But she preferred standing so she asked instead.

"What did I do to bring your urgent and sudden invitation, your majesty?", She asked with a lisp in her voice. She knew it was about Jimin even though he didn't even have the news of her visiting here.

"Seven years ago... When I had punished Jimin, did you perhaps had any idea about him being pregnant at that time?", He came straight to the point. Although, Hyejin got quite the idea about where this was leading to and not to lie, she was dying to have this conversation since years.

"I did.", She said with the same calm voice, complete opposite to Jungkook's tone, who was panicking with overwhelming thoughts.

"I heard he had some difficulty at the time after court hearing. What was done after that?", He asked further.

"Jimin had stomachaches. Which occur if the Omegas go through extreme stress which not good in their vulnerable moments. A courtier had requested for royal healer since it was the only option we had. But since Jimin didn't belong to Palace or royal family we were told to go away. Being Kisaeng and someone who apparently punished for betrayal, town healers refused to take a look. We had to return to Kisaeng house without any help. He passed out from extreme exhaustion and bleeding.", Hyejin stopped. She ignored the desperate plea in Jungkook's eyes telling her to continue and tell him about the important thing. Taehyung too had painful expressions that were hard to describe.

"What happened then, Omega Hyejin?"

"Do you really want me to continue your majesty? Want me to complete the sentence?", She asked. No, she dared.

"Tell me Omega Hyejin. I'm not that weak..."

"Have you ever seen blood, your majesty?"

Jungkook frowned at such a question. What did she mean by if he ever had seen blood. Of course he had. Practiced day & night in the grounds, giving away blood and sweat both. Had seen the war grounds. And some extreme situations where results would be ended up someone's blood flowing freely.

"What question is that?? Of course I have seen blood. There are many wars I have attended and won and that wasn't without seeing blood or loosing my own...", He scoffed.

"Have you ever seen an Omega bleeding from their rear?", Jungkook's mouth shut up suddenly.

"It is very different from seeing blood in war. Because that blood isn't about someone's victory or defeat. It is about someone's future..."

Jungkook's breath hitched and Taehyung took a sharp breath. Hyejin leaned a little forward with her dead serious face.

"It is someone's future. A child's. A family's. And a parenthood. It's hard describe the pain when you see a pregnant Omega bleed in front of you, and you can't do anything. Because there isn't going to be any happiness or sadness that comes after a war. Because it's the dead end. Its a horror that haunts you till you take your last breath.... Now tell me your majesty, have you seen blood?"

Jungkook waseft speach less. Taehyung's pained expressions morphed into something that couldn't be described. And Hyejin looked at the King with hope. Hope for an answer. But she knew he didn't have any.

"I hope you got all the information you needed. If so, I would like to take my leave.", She looked at both simultaneously for permission. Jungkook abruptly stood up making them face him again.

"I would appoint a healer for Kisaeng house immediately so that n-no Omega would experience s-such pain.", Jungkook said with difficulty. He couldn't hide the tremor in his voice. Curse him. But he was in state of mind to be mindful about that.

Hyejin smiled. But both were unable to tell what that smile described.

"No need, your majesty. I'm afraid to admit that these horrors are not new for us anymore. We just have learnt that there will be no one for us and thus we need to take care of ourselves....", She threw the sentences like the last of her arrows. And Jungkook knew he was defeated.

He had lost his pup.... Almost 7 years ago.....

And he never even knew his pup's barely even there existence.

He didn't know when but his eyes started creating tears that flowed down his expressionless face.

_________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!

Anyone complaining for short chapters... Here it is!!!
Word count: 1602

Borahae 💜