Ch2

I'm laying upside down on my bed with my hair touching the ground when I hear a light knock on the door "Come in." I mumble.

Elena is kinda lying like this^^

My door is swung open, and I glance over to see Marco standing in the doorway with an amused look on his face "You having fun?"

I mumble something under my breath and then look at him with a pissed-off look "What do you want?"

"Oh, uh, it's time for dinner."

I nod and then sit up and get off of my bed "I'll be down in a second." Marco nods and then scurries away. I throw on a hoodie and then walk across the hall. I knock on Lucy's door "Hey, sweetie. I'm coming in." I open her door and find her sitting on the ground playing with her toys "Hi, princess." I smile as I pick her up.

"Hi!" She giggles and then wraps her small arms around my neck to give me a hug. I walk with her down to the dining room, and everyone stops their conversations to turn and look at us.

I mentally roll my eyes as I put Lucy into the high chair and strap her in. I double-check to make sure the straps aren't too tight, and then I sit down in the only seat that's left between Sofia and Romeo. I grab some mashed potatoes and then glance up to see everyone still staring "Uh please do continue." I mumble.

I finish setting my plate and then go to help Lucy with hers but see Caterina already cutting up her food into small pieces with the pure look of motherly love. knowing that Lucy will be fine without me helping her this one time, I turn my attention back to my plate.

I take a bite of my meatloaf when Gabriel speaks, "So Elena, what are your hobbies?"

I finish what I'm eating, and then I wash it down with some water knowing that everyone is staring at me and waiting for me to speak "Well I'm into sports. In my last school, I played volleyball and soccer. I'm also an artist, and I love to read."

Gabriel nods and smiles "We are a major sports family too. The twins also do sports in school. I bet that one of them could help you out with that." Antonio rolls his eyes, and Alessandro smiles at me.

"I can definitely help you out with that sorellina (baby sis)." I nod as I take another bite of food.

"What about you, Lucy?" Caterina asks, "What are your favorite things to do?"

"Play!" She says with a huge smile which in return makes everyone else at the table smile, including the twin that's got a stick stuck up his ass.

I lightly chuckle and then look at Caterina "She's in ballet, she loves to color, she loves to play with Barbies, and she loves to play outside no matter what the weather is." Caterina smiles and mouths 'thank you'. I slightly nod and then look at Gabriel "Can I be excused?"

He looks at my plate and then at me with a frown "But you barely ate la mia piccola principessa (my little princess)."

I shrug "I'm not that hungry." I lie. I am hungry, but I grew up never having enough for me and Lucy, so I would only eat lunch at school while I gave whatever I could to Lucy therefore I feel guilty for wanting to eat all of this food.