CHAPTER 21

Lan wangji started the conversation.

"What? Do you have anything to say otherwise I'll leave." said wangji in frustrated and irritated tone.

Although lan wangji don't wanted to sound rude but he can't help it. For wei wuxian this tone of voice was new. Despite of the fact that they never talk much almost not at all but wei wuxian had idea that lan wangji would never talk to anyone in such an irritated tone. Isn't lan wangji the one who wanted to marry with him, stay with him then why is he being different from what he expected. Nonetheless wei wuxian asked,

"What are doing here at this hour of the night? Why are you not in your room? You should go back and sleep. Staying up late at night is not good for your health." said wei wuxian while giving a mild smile.

Lan wangji just closed his eyes and gritted his teeth to not lose his temper and say something which probably will enrage his so called husband. He would really appreciate wei wuxian's care if that happened before his death but now he don't want to get his hopes high again and do something stupid.

"What are YOU doing here your highness? Shouldn't you be with your lovely wife wen qing." wangji don't wanted to say any of these but still couldn't hold it from saying and he didn't regret saying these at all.

Once again wei wuxian was shocked. His mouth was hanged open. Lan wangji was well aware of wei wuxian's shock.

"Your highness, if you don't have anymore things to say then I'll take my leave." said lan wangji calmly.

He again started to walk away but wei wuxian's voice stopped him.

"Wangji, um..umm you.. i actually wanted to invite you at breakfast for tomorrow morning. I hope you will come." said wei wuxian and walked away from there.

Lan wangji was still frozen at his place. After gaining his senses he wanted to deny the invitation but he knew that it is definitely an order rather than a request.

Also he couldn't get why wei wuxian is nice to him, isn't wei wuxian supposed to ignore or avoid him.