𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 - 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧: lights out

Start from the beginning

The Collector's Emporium

Ava let go of Poe's wrist as she looked at him. "Okay, let's get one thing straight here." Ava said in a quiet voice as Poe leaned his head in to listen. "I've heard Tivian is an unpredictable man. If you taunt him or use you're mouth the wrong way, things can go south very quickly."

"Relax, Blondie." Poe put his hand out as a signal. "I use to sell Spice. I've had plenty of negotiations and survived each one."

Knowing there must have been a different meaning behind the term, Ava still couldn't pass up the opportunity to tease him when he was trying to impress her. "You used to sell people paprika and cinnamon for a living?" She snickered.

"No!" Poe scolded a finger at her. "I sold Spice. Can we stay focused her blondie?"

Ava shook her head to keep herself from laughing. "Right, right. We just need to be professional, ask for Groot and BB-8 in exchange for the Pym Particles."

"Sounds good." Poe said grabbing her hand, beginning to drag her towards the building.

"What are you doing?" Ava questioned as she felt her face flushing from the sudden touch. She almost pulled her hand out, but Poe turned around and tightened his grip. Refusing her to let go.

"Didn't Gamora say we should pretend to be partners?"

"I never agreed to that." Ava said, ripping her hand out of his grip. "We will be fine."

As she walked past him, Poe let out a long single sigh before he followed her inside.

They approached a Krylorian woman, her pink hair tied back into a single pony tail. She wore a oddly shape white dress that was in line with New Knowhere fashion.

"Welcome! My name is Brina have you come to see Tivian's new and improved collection!?" She piped as if she were a voice recording with her hands clasped in front of her.

Ava nodded and cleared her throat. "Yes, we came to ask him about some of the recent relics he has discovered."

"Right this way then." Brina smiled as she lead them inside.

The Guardian and the General followed the pink lady down a hall, bringing them to a large open gallery that was almost as big as an arena or a football stadium. Vast amounts of relics and creatures in various vaults.

"This guy needs a better hobby." Poe whispered so only Ava could hear.

She huffed before she glanced over at him. "No kidding."

Brina led them to an empty desk as she stopped and turned around, hands still in a polite clasp. "I present to you the Collector."

She said as she stepped to the side with her hand extended as a man walked out from a grand door off to the side. His spikey white hair sticking up. He wore a rusty colored outfit and a elegant cape of fur from an unknown space animal that dragged behind him. The man stepped in front of the two, stopping to be right in front of Ava.

"Thank you Brina for welcoming our guests." His said, his voice sending an uncomfortable chill down her spine. Creepily removing his glasses to reveal heavy eyes covered in a purple eyeshow of some kind.

"Tivian at your service." The Collector smiled as he grabbed Ava's hand and brought it to his lips. The uncomfortable feeling expanding, but Ava didn't want to raise suspicion. "What brings you here?

Poe cleared his throat, his jaw tensing up as he stared the man down. "My wife and I, wanted to see you're latest additions to your collection."

The Collector made eye contact with the General and let go of Ava's hand. The man wasn't even embarrassed that he overstepped boundaries, but showed respect towards the foreigner. Fixing his lazy eyes on Poe.