Chapter 122 [END]

Start from the beginning

"My daughter/sister has not yet reached the age for marriage, but you came to propose marriage?"

Lisa thought to himself. If he had such a daughter, he would be reluctant to let her get married. Hence, he held on to his patience and planned to wait until Joohyun had finished her 20th birthday before finding time to go to the Chen residence to propose marriage. What he didn't expect, however, was that he had just started to prepare for it, when Joohyun took her account book directly to the door and dragged him to the Civil Affairs Bureau.

As for why Joohyun took him to the Civil Affairs Bureau so easily, this... No need to say it, right?

However, Lisa still remembers what he promised. Before leaving, he said he would notify the Chen family. Unfortunately, Mayor Chen and Brother Chen both went to work. Mother Chen also went to do something early in the morning, so there was no one at home.

The second best thing he could do was to start calling them one by one. As a result, Mayor Chen was in a meeting; Brother Chen was out on a mission; and Mayor Chen muted her phone, so she heard nothing.

So coincidentally?

However, marriage is such a huge affair no matter how you look at it, and it was quite wrong to do so. So after queuing up at the Civil Affairs Bureau to get a number, Lisa, who still did not get through the phone, even asked He Qi to find someone to notify the Chen family.

Unfortunately, until it was their number's turn, the Chen family did not call him to stop it. Thus, Lisa and Joohyun received their certificate with peace of mind.

He did everything he could. Seriously, how providential was it that three consecutive attempts ended up in vain?

Unbeknownst to Lisa, He Qi, who accompanied him as a bodyguard, posted a supplementary message in the assistant chat group after they received their certificate.

He Qi: (Mission accomplished, get ready for action.)

After he sent this message out, the three assistants went to 'great lengths' to find the Chen family and informed them of what had happened.

Regardless of the process, Mayor Chen's daughter was married. Fortunately, his daughter still lived in the compound and was just nearby, which was a bit of comfort. Mayor Chen thought helplessly, and then sighed all night.

Chen Yang was also angry, but he did not dare to call Lisa out righteously. He could only run fifty laps in the playground feeling depressed.

The calmest was Mother Chen. After the initial shock passed, she began to discuss the wedding with her daughter.

With the status of the Chen and Lou families, the wedding had to be planned over a very, very long period before it could be put on the agenda. But the bride and groom were really anxious to get married, so the wedding was scheduled for the last weekend of August.

Officials with some weight in the military and political departments started to look up their schedules the moment they received the news. They must attend this wedding, but it was just too hard to squeeze time to attend.

Compared to the interpersonal relationships between the parents, the interpersonal relationships of the couple were much simpler.

Lisa mainly invited some colleagues from the National Academy of Sciences, well-known professors and experts who had exchanged academic knowledge with him, as well as those Metaphysics masters who had stepped in to protect Joohyun before he met her.

Joohyun's invitations were even simpler. Besides her three roommates, she only invited Lu Ning, Liang Guang, Liang Yu, Qin Guanhai and his senior brother Shao Qi.