TEN

The Princess and her knight had been riding for one week and three days, the total ride to Kingslanding would take them a month maybe less if they sped up the pace. They were almost at the Crossing, they could make it there in a day or two, where they would meet guards to escort Visenya the rest of the way, and there will likely be a carriage waiting for her.

They had passed Greywater Watch, in which Visenya had tried so desperately to spot, and ser Edric replied;

"Greywater Watch is practically impossible to find, as it moves and does not stay in the same place, Princess. I highly doubt it is going to show itself today."

Visenya rolled her eyes at her brooding travel companion, "oh lighten up, ser Edric, you never know, today could be the day that Greywater Watch shows itself to Princess Visenya of house Targaryen."

Ser Edric shook his head at her, "I highly doubt it, princess."

Visenya turned to look at him sharply, "it was a jest, ser Edric, ever heard one before?" When the knight did not respond the Princess forced a fake frown on her face, furrowed her eyebrows and deepened her voice, "look at me, I'm ser Edric, and I'm really grumpy and I don't know what a jest is."

He fought a smile, "I do not sound like that."

She imitated him again, "I do not sound like that." Ser Edric had a smooth deep voice that could easily lull someone to sleep, and Visenya's imitation sounded strangely like a constipated old man who was losing his voice. Visenya was quite aware of this, but still found it funny.

Ser Enric focused his eyes on the road ahead of him, "that is a poor imitation of me, you know."

Visenya smirked, still doing the imitation, "I will stop when you promise me to stop being grumpy."

The knight sighed his shoulders sagging from exhaustion from the long ride, he nodded, "alright, you win, I promise you that I shall no longer be 'grumpy'." Visenya smiled at him, tightening her grip on the reins.

"Thank you, that was all I wanted." The knight shook his head once again. The pair continued to converse about little things until the sky began to grow dark and their eyes began to droop slightly from fatigue.

Ser Edric halted his horse, Visenya following his action as the knight scanned the area until his eyes landed on a small clearing in the trees further into the forest. "It is best we set up camp for the night, Princess," he pointed to the small clearing in the woods.

Visenya nodded, "yes, I have grown quite tired." The pair dismounted their horses, ser Edric taking both stallions and tying their reigns onto a nearby tree whilst Visenya sat down on a fallen tree trunk. She ran her fingers along the bark, the trunk had to have been there for a long time as green, damp moss grew up it, almost covering the entire thing.

Ser Edric returned with the cover and sticks needed to build the small tent that she had been sleeping in over the past weeks. Ser Edric had always kept watch outside, and slept very little, the princess had been tempted to ask him to join her many nights, but she realised that it would not be appropriate.

The Targaryen looked around and took in her surroundings, using all of her senses she could hear the owls hooting in the darkness, she could feel the bark underneath her fingertips, she could see the moonlight glowing over the tops of the trees and the stars twinkling in the dark sky. She closed her eyes in peace, though it did not last long as it was interrupted by loud grunting.

Opening one eye and looking to the side, she saw ser Edric digging the sticks into the hard dirt made up to be the ground. After he got one stick in the ground, more grunts could be heard as he stuck the other one in so that the tent could stay up.