TWO

123 AC

Visenya stood in the middle of the dragonpit, eyes wide in awe as she gazed upon her dragon, Saenax. The she-dragon was growing fast, already triple the size of the small girl in front of her. She had green scales spreading along her back and wings, and silver ones scattered along her belly. In Visenya's eyes she was the most beautiful dragon to have ever existed, her large horns sprouting from her head were as sharp as Valyrian steel, which made the she-dragon look both terrifying and majestic at the same time.

Visenya spent a lot of her time with her scaled companion, so the dragon was completely bound to her, which the shepherds were very proud of.

The silver-haired girl walked towards the green and silver beauty, the latter bowing her head as the young Targaryen stroked up and down her neck and smiled at the heat the dragon emitted. Visenya looked at the shepherds who were watching the interaction fondly, "when will I be able to ride her?"

The shepherd was quick to answer, "it will take time, Princess, Saenax grows larger everyday, however she is still young, you must fully trust each other." Visenya nodded at his words before a guard walked in, informing her that it was time to return to the Red Keep.

"I will see you soon, girl," she whispered to the she-dragon whom let out an agitated huff at her rider's sudden departure. Visenya turned and hopped to the carriage where the same guard waited for her with the door open. Visenya ignored the hand he had held out for her and ungracefully jumped into the carriage, where she waited until they got to the Red Keep once again.

When the carriage eventually came to a stop, Visenya quickly jumped out and made her way to where she knew her cousins would be. When she arrived at their quarters she was disappointed to see that her cousins were nowhere to be found, then it dawned on her that her older cousin Rhaenyra, Jace and Luke's mother, was having another child. She probably just missed them, as they were most likely out choosing a dragon egg for their new sibling.

Sighing, Visenya made her way to her own chambers, where the maids prepared a hot bath for her.

Once she was out of the bath the maids dressed her and braided her hair into a small bun at the back of her head. Once done she left to go for a walk around the castle, as she had no one to play with because Aegon was almost always drunk, Aemond didn't like to play with her anymore and Helaena preferred embroidery, which Visenya hated.

Visenya's little feet managed to take her down into the kitchens where she made conversation with the cook, who adored the small child.

"How do you make all the food for everyone in just one day?" Visenya tilted her head in question, curiosity brewing behind her eyes.

John, the cook was a rather slim man in his mid fifties and had been working at the Red Keep for nearly forty years. The older man chuckled, "well I don't do it all by myself you see," the man placed a lemon tart in front of the girl, and her eyes widened.

"All the other cooks and maids help, with bringing in the animals and the vegetables," her nose curled up at the thought of vegetables, causing the older man to let out a loud laugh. "You should eat more vegetables, Princess, they are good for you."

Visenya was finishing off the lemon tart when she looked up at the man, "I'd rather not." John smiled at her then spoke up.

"The hour is late, Princess, you should be heading back now," Visenya frowned before nodding her head and going to turn around, then suddenly she ran up to the cook and engulfed him in a hug.

"Thank you for the lemon tart, and for being my friend," the young Targaryen looked up at him as he patted her head, making sure not to ruin her porcelain hair with his grubby hands.