FIVE

Two days had passed and it was time for the royal residents of the Red Keep to travel to Driftmark for the funeral of Laena Velaryon. Aegon's, Helaena's and Visenya's dragons were waiting at the dragonpit, waiting for the ride to Driftmark. Two carriages were waiting, one to take the Prince and Princesses to the dragonpit, and the other to take the King, Queen, Prince Ragaemar and Prince Aemond to the docks to board the ship.

Aemond clearly looked disheartened about not being able to have a dragon to ride and it made Visenya's heart hurt for him. Just as Aemond was about to board the carriage Visenya reached out and grabbed his sleeve.

"Wait," Aemond turned to look at the younger girl, "I was wondering if you would like to ride with me on Saenax, she is big enough for two now."

Aemond contemplated for a moment, he felt conflicted, he would love to be able to ride a dragon however, he would prefer his first time to be on his own dragon. Aemond sighed, "I appreciate your offer, Visenya. However I would prefer my first ride to be on the back of my own dragon, for now I will take the ship."

Visenya's face fell at that, as if she had actually hoped that he would say yes, which made Aemond feel bad about his decision, but it was too late now.

"Oh, well I will leave you to it then.. safe journey," Aemond did not have any time to reply as she turned and walked to the other carriage before hopping in. Aemond shook his head and climbed into the carriage himself, prepared for the boring ride to Driftmark.

The ride to the dragonpit was short, Helaena and Visenya conversing quietly about bugs and other insects whilst Aegon looked bored out of his mind, softly hitting his head on the side of the carriage repeatedly.

Once the carriage came to a stop, the three Targaryens stepped out and approached their dragons, who were saddled and ready to mount. Visenya stroked the warm scales of Saenax's neck as the she-dragon made growling sounds of approval for the affection that she was receiving.

"Hello girl, ready for another ride?" Visenya smiled as the dragon made a sort of nodding motion before lowering her shoulder so that the Princess could mount her. Visenya laughed at the very human-like dragon as she sat down on the saddle, clutching tightly on the handles.

Visenya waited for her uncle and aunt to take flight first before stroking the back of Saenax's neck, "fly, Saenax!" The celestial dragon grumbled before taking three large strides and taking off into the air.

Saenax's speed gave her an advantage as she easily surpassed Aegon on Sunfyre and Helaena on Dreamfyre who were a good few feet in front of her. Visenya smiled as they flew above the pair and looked down to see Aegon scowling at her and Helaena waving at her with a bright smile on her face. Visenya returned the gesture before her and her dragon were well in front of the to-be-wed couple.

Helaena had told her on the previous day that she was to marry Aegon, and the younger girl truly felt bad for her. She had no hatred towards Aegon, he was her family, but she found him lousy, with no respect for women or those around him. Therefore she did not see him as a husband fit for Helaena. The older girl deserved the world and the better choice of a husband for her would be Jacaerys in Visenya's opinion. If Helaena were to marry Jace then she would become queen and most likely be happy with him, which Visenya wanted nothing less for her best friend, but Queen Alicent had other plans.

Visenya looked down at the ship below and saw Aemond looking longingly at the three dragons, and Visenya frowned, she had offered him a ride but he said no. Shaking her head she looked forward until the coast of Driftmark could be seen in the distance.

~~~

"We join today at the Seat of the Sea to commit the Lady Laena of House Velaryon to the eternal waters, the dominion of the Merling King where he will guard her for all the days to come."