SEVEN

It was morning, Visenya, her father, the King and Queen and their children were getting ready to leave for Kingslanding. Visenya had not yet told Helaena about her soon departure from Kingslanding, she would tell her when they arrive at Kingslanding, as she was leaving the very next day.

The four children approached their dragons, their parents already on the ship. Aemond's eye was still stitched up and he could not yet put an eyepatch on as the wound was still relatively fresh.

"You can finally ride with us now, and not sulk on the ship," Visenya spoke to Aemond who sent her a glare.

"I did not sulk," he walked over to Vhagar and mounted the large beast, and Visenya mounted Saenax who was much smaller than the older dragon.

"Really? It looked that way to me," Visenya smirked and left him no room to defend himself as she commanded her dragon, "fly, Saenax!"

Aemond sighed, then he too commanded his dragon to fly, the four dragons soaring the sky like streaks of beautiful colours. The ride back to Kingslanding was short, the dragon obviously faster than the ship and when the children dismounted their dragons they bid goodbye to each other and retreated to their chambers.

When Visenya arrived at her own chambers a bath was drawn for her, and she immediately stripped and hopped in, ready to relieve her aching muscles. The gash on her arm stung profusely as she lowered it into the water and she winced. The maids began to scrub her hair and body, making sure she no longer smelled of dragon. Once done, the maids dressed her in a pale blue dress and tightly braided her hair.

After the maids scurried away like mice, Visenya made her way to Helaena's chambers and knocked on the doors.

"Come in," she heard faintly from the other side and pushed the door open and closing it behind her.

The maids had just finished Helaena's hair and left the room so that the princesses could speak. "Sister," Helaena smiled as she rose from the chair and ran over to her, grabbing her hand and tugging her to the plush sofa in the middle of the room.

"Well, hello to you too," the younger girl chuckled as she lowered herself onto the couch. Helaena ran over to her dressing table and grabbed something before scurrying back.

"I have something for you, close your eyes," she wore a bright smile on her face, which caused a small smile to grace Visenya's lips.

"What is it?" She raised one eyebrow sceptically.

"Close your eyes and hold out your arm and you will see," Helaena commanded her and she had no choice but to comply with a smile on her face. She felt something get slipped on her wrist when Helaena spoke again, "okay, open them."

When she opened her eyes and gasped as she saw a beautiful, pale blue woven bracelet with a small wooden 'V' initial dangling from it. She looked up at Helaena and embraced her in a hug, the girl easily returned it.

"Did you make this?" Visenya asked her when they pulled away and the older girl nodded.

"Yes, I made one for myself aswell, see," she lifted her wrist to show an almost identical bracelet, however hers is pale green with a 'H' initial on it. "It wasn't hard, I just used the thread I use for embroidery, however, one of the servants carved the initials because I couldn't do it." She said sheepishly.

Visenya chuckled, "well, it is beautiful, thank you."

"Now, we have something to remind each other of our friendship." Both girls smiled but Visenya's did not last long.

"Helaena," she did not know where to start. "I have to go away, to Winterfell... on the morrow."

Helaena furrowed her eyebrows and looked at her, "why?"

"My father says that there is a septa there, one that can 'teach me discipline', whatever that means." Both girls were frowning now, "and.. he says that I cannot return until I come of age.."

Helaena was shocked, tears brimming her violet eyes, "but, that is so long, who can I speak to in that time?" The tears were now falling down her cheeks, causing Visenya to tear up too.

"Oh, Helaena," she pulled her into a hug once more, the girl crying into her shoulder.

"I guess it was a good thing that I made the bracelets, so that we do not forget each other whilst you are gone," she pulled away and wiped underneath her eyes, a sad smile on her lips.

"Bracelet or no bracelet, Helaena, I could never forget you. Do you understand?" Helaena nodded, still drying her eyes.

Visenya stood up, pulling Helaena with her, "come, I would like to have one last dragon ride with my best friend before I leave."

This made Helaena smiled as they walked the halls to the courtyard where a carriage would be waiting for them.

~~~

The next day Ragaemar, Queen Alicent and her children all gathered in the courtyard to see Visenya off for her long journey North. The carriage was readied for her and she embraced Helaena once again.

"I promise that I will write to you, everyday," she whispered into the girls ear and she nodded.

"As will I, sister," they pulled away and next Visenya embraced Alicent and pulled away, the Queen putting her hand on the girl's cheek.

"Safe journey, Visenya," the girl nodded and turned to Aegon who nodded at her.

"Cousin."

"Aegon," she returned the nod then turned to Aemond.

"Try not to lose your other eye whilst I'm gone, I'm afraid that I will not be here to protect you," she teased the older boy who rolled his eye.

"Yes, because I need protection from you," he said, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"You never know," Visenya smiled, "goodbye, Aemond."

"Goodbye, Visenya."

Finally, she turned to her father and his face was stoic, as usual.

"Goodbye father," he looked down at her and nodded.

"Farewell daughter, I will visit you on your nameday with your gift," he did not meet her gaze, so she nodded and turned to get into the carriage. The butterfly hairpin in her hair glistening in the sunlight and as she turned her head to wave at her family, she didn't realise that the hairpin fell out and clattered to the ground.

The door to the carriage shut and they all watched as the carriage left the castle gates. Aegon saw the hairpin laying on the floor, then ran to it, grasping it in his hands before looking up at the retreating carriage.

"Wait," his voice died in his throat as it was no use because she could not hear him. Sighing, Aegon placed the pin in his pocket and followed his family back to the castle.

A loud roar could be heard across Kingslanding and the people looked up to see the glistening silver and green scales of Saenax as she followed her rider. Inside the carriage, Visenya smiled as the dragon would follow her anywhere, wherever she went.