FOUR

Visenya was bored out of her mind, Jace and Luke had gone to Dragonstone with their mother and father so she had no one to play with, sure she could talk to Helaena and wind Aegon up, but there was nothing to do. Jace and Luke are wild and willing to do anything the young princess suggests to them.

Out of her boredom Visenya made the collective decision to go for a ride on her dragon, Saenax. The young Targaryen had named her dragon after her late mother Saenera. Visenya did not know very much about her mother, her father didn't like to talk about her, whenever she would ask he would just brush her off.

Sitting alone in the carriage, Visenya was fixated on the droplets of blood coating the area around her nails. The girl had acquired a habit of picking her nails absentmindedly until she drew blood.

Sighing, Visenya lay her head on the side of the carriage until it eventually came to a stop in front of the dragonpit. The door to the carriage opened and a Kingsguard knight helped her out. She made her way to the dragonpit in silence, greeting the dragonkeepers upon her entry, and telling them to fetch her dragon.

The dragonkeepers return shortly with Saenax in tow, she had grown rapidly in the twelve years of her existence, Visenya had childishly concluded that she would be as large as Balerion once fully grown. When she told her father of this little wish he instantly shot her down and told her to be more mature and realistic. Ragaemar appeared to not have a dragon to Visenya, but Viserys did tell her once that he had claimed Vermithor, but left him on Dragonstone after the war of the Stepstones and never bothered with him again.

Visenya thought him foolish, leaving the great bronze fury alone on Dragonstone when he could ride him whenever he wanted.

Visenya smiled and walked toward her dragon as the silver and green beauty growled at the dragonkeepers in impatience as they released her of her chains. Visenya ran her hands down her warm neck, "hello my impatient beauty." Saenax bumped her nose into Visenya's side urging her to get on the she-dragon's back.

"Yes, yes give me a second," Visenya chuckled at the she-dragon before mounting her swiftly. Gripping the saddle tightly, she gave the command, "fly!"

Saenax made a grumbling sound from the back of her throat, excited to get out of the dragonpit and see the world soar past underneath her. In a few large, quick strides the pair were out of the dragonpit and taking off into the air. Saenax was quick, with thinner wings she was able to slice through air at lightning speed and people didn't even get to admire the silver scales that spread across her body.

The duo were soaring through the sky above Kingslanding and eventually they were gliding over the open sea, Saenax's wings nipping the water, casing it to spray in Visenya's face.

Visenya giggled with childlike joy, "Saenax!" The Targaryen wiped the saltwater from her face as her hair quickly dried as it rippled behind her like silver moonlight.

The fiery girl and her dragon began to ascend up above the clouds and the golden ocean of sunlight coated her fair skin, making her look celestial. Everything was calm, there was complete silence, Saenax was moving at a steady pace and they moved by the small birds, trying to get to whatever corner of the world.

Visenya would often wish that she were a bird, able to just up and leave and fly away to wherever whenever she pleased. But she wasn't a bird, she was a princess of the strongest house in the world and she rode the most powerful and dangerous animal in existence.

Eventually the pair retreated back to the dragonpit where the dragonkeepers were waiting for them. Visenya dismounted her dragon and patted her warm scales, then turned to the dragonkeepers as they reattached her chains causing her to growl in annoyance.

Visenya placed her hand on the front of her snout to try and calm the she-dragon down, "shh, shh, you won't be in these chains long, I promise I will come and visit tomorrow," she whispered in High Valyrian.

The Princess turned to the dragonkeepers, "make sure Saenax gets an extra goat tonight, we rode far today," the dragonkeepers nodded at her request and shuffled away.

Visenya made her way back to the carriage and quickly hopped inside, staring in front of her in boredom as they rode back to the Red Keep.

Once the carriage came to a stop Visenya quickly stepped out and walked through the large doors to walk to her chambers when she was stopped by her father.

"Where were you? I was searching for you," Ragaemar bombarded her, and Visenya was not surprised at her father's lack of patience.

The princess soon replied, "I went riding with Saenax, father."

Ragaemar scoffed, "of course, you and that damn dragon," the older prince shook his head, "I come with news," he looked at her.

Visenya nodded, gesturing for him to continue, "your cousin, the Lady Laena has passed, we are to attend her funeral in two days time." A wave of sadness suddenly washed over Visenya, she did not like death, and she had never met her late cousin and now she didn't even have the chance to.

"This is terrible news, father," Visenya spoke sincerely.

Ragaemar nodded, he did not really care for the young woman's death, he barely knew her. "Yes, yes, now go and have a bath, you stink of dragon," with that Ragaemar turned around and stormed off to who knows where, leaving his daughter to her own thoughts as she walked down the halls to her chambers.