EIGHT

Visenya had spent eight moons in Winterfell, and she kept her promise to Helaena, and wrote to her everyday. The matching bracelet she had with Helaena never left her wrist either.

She had grown close to Lord Cregan Stark, he was young for a lord, but his uncle Bennard ruled The North as his regent until he comes of age. They were kind to her there, and welcomed her and her dragon with open arms. Visenya did not like Septa Clarice, who never let her have any fun, gave her lectures about etiquette and to Visenya, liked to ruin her life. Visenya resented her father for sending her to Winterfell just to deal with that old hag.

As for Saenax, the 'loyal princess' had not been seen in weeks, which made Visenya question her dragon's 'loyalty'. Many people had told her that she was probably just out exploring the world, as she was no longer chained in the dragonpit. So it was a shock for Visenya to see that her dragon had, in fact returned after all those weeks, however, she was not alone.

There was a large, black, menacing figure behind her, though it did not appear that she was flying away from him, more like flying with him.

The residents of Winterfell had grown familiar with the young girls dragon, but they definitely were not familiar with the dark shadow that loomed behind her, the people letting out loud gasps at the sight.

Visenya ran out of the courtyard and to the clearing where the two dragons had landed. Many people called her name and chased after her at her plain stupidity. The winged shadow was at least three times the size of Saenax, and then Visenya realised who this mystery dragon was.

"Visenya, are you mad?! Come back here now!" Cregan called out to the girl who ignored him. The men that had followed her did not come any closer out of fear towards the black dragon.

As Visenya approached, Saenax seemed happy to see her, The Cannibal, however, did not. He let out a threatening growl and lowered his head protectively, Visenya looked deep into his green, menacing eye that was completely trained on her. Her heart was thumping in her chest as the dragon went to open his large jaws. Saenax, though quite small next to this beast turned towards him and let out a low growl, as if daring him to do anything. The Cannibal opened his jaws wider, a hot ball of flames brewing at the back of his throat. Visenya ignored the calls of the men behind her and her eyes never left his big green eyes.

His jaws suddenly snapped shut when Saenax sent a loud roar in his direction and snapped her jaws at him. It seemed as though the 'untameable' beast listened to whatever Saenax told him and lowerd his head for Visenya, then he lowered his wing for her. Visenya was breathing heavily, shocked that the supposedly 'untameable' beast was now in fact tamed. It seemed as though in the weeks that Saenax was gone, she had travelled to Dragonstone and managed to get on the good side of The Cannibal.

Visenya looked back at the shocked men behind her, she made eye contact with Cregan before she turned back to the dragon with a smirk on her face. She climbed the beast's wing, sitting on his bare, scaled back, she was not used to the feeling of no saddle. Cannibal looked as though he was about to eat every single one of the men before them and he let out a loud roar, making them cover their ears at the loud noise.

"Calm, boy. Calm, obey," she stroked her hand down his scales and he seemed to have called down slightly, but his guard was still up. "Fly!" She commanded him, the dragon obeyed her and took off into the sky, barely skimming the group of men as they ducked so they weren't decapitated by his clawed feet.

Saenax followed the pair into the cold sky, overtaking them with her speed and flying directly above them. Visenya laughed at the adrenaline rush she was experiencing, soaring through the sky on the beast they thought untameable and vicious.