SIX

Visenya watched out of the window in the chambers that she was staying in, anxiously picking the skin around her nails. She had not spotted Vhagar in the air with Aemond on her back yet and her father had returned not long ago, immediately going to bed leaving her to her thoughts. She was thinking the worst for her friend, did Vhagar scorch him? Did someone else trying to claim Vhagar beat him to it?

Her internal questioning ceased when she saw the large she-dragon soar the sky with a familiar head of silver hair on her back. A wide smile broke out across her face as she turned and ran out of the door, heading for the cave in which she told Aemond she would meet him.

She was dressed in her night gown with her blue robe wrapped tightly around her, her slipper clad feet patting along the stone floor of High Tide. As she entered the cave she heard a loud crash, signalling that Vhagar had landed.

The Targaryen princess walked deeper into the cave and in walked Aemond, his whole demeanour seemed to have changed, no longer the shy, insecure boy, but now he happened to ride the largest and oldest dragon in the world. He felt unstoppable.

Visenya spoke up first, "so, how was it?" She wriggled her eyebrows at him, making him fail to hide his smile.

"Exhilarating, but scary at the same time," Aemond looked at her, both of them stood in the cave.

"Yes, I would imagine so if you mounted the largest dragon in the world," the pair chuckled, and they were plunged into a comfortable silence.

"Would you like to-" Aemond was cut off as his nephews and cousins came rushing into the cave, the pair then turned to them.

Aemond switched up completely, his smile replaced with an arrogant smirk and a hard look in his eyes as he whipped off his cloak and tossed it to the side.

"It's him," Baela stated with a scowl on her face.

Aemond swiftly replied, "It's me."

"Vhagar is my mother's dragon!" Baela argued.

Aemond did not hold back, "your mother is dead, and Vhagar has a new rider now."

His statement made Visenya slap his arm for his lack of respect for the dead, but his statement had enraged Rhaena, "she was mine to claim!"

"Then you should have claimed her!" Aemond replied, "maybe your cousins could find you a pig to ride, it would suit you." Aemond tilted his head arrogantly.

Visenya knew all about how Aemond's nephews and even his own brother treated him when he did not have a dragon, however there was no need to take it out on Rhaena.

This added to Rhaena's bubbling anger as she charged at Aemond, but he was quick to push her away causing her to fall. Visenya gasped and stepped back as Baela landed a hard punch on Aemond's face. He fell back slightly but recovered quick and landed an equally as powerful punch on Baela's face causing her to fall to the ground.

"Come at me again and I will feed you to my dragon!"

Visenya ran to Baela's side, asking if she was okay when Jace charged at Aemond, landing punches on him until Aemond kicked him to the ground. Out of defence for his brother, Luke also charged at him but Aemond was too quick and landed a powerful punch on his nose, a scream emitting from his mouth.

Visenya knew that that was enough as the four children got up and started beating Aemond, who was on the floor. This was not a fair fight, four against one so Visenya stepped in, trying to pry the children away from Aemond.

"Get off of him!" Visenya tried her best to get the children off him but it was no use, she had to stop this before it went too far. In her attempts of pulling Jace off, Aemond landed a powerful kick in his stomach, causing him and Visenya to fly back. The wind was knocked out of the princess as she landed on her back, coughing, she looked up and saw Aemond holding Luke by his throat with a rock above his head.