ELEVEN

The ride from the Crossing to Kingslanding was a long one, Visenya had switched from riding with Aemond to riding in the carriage that was prepared for her. The journey was tiresome, Visenya was still gobsmacked about the incident that had happened earlier, and in order to forget her troubles she dozed off in the carriage. 

After another week and a half of riding they had finally reached the foul city of Flea Bottom and Visenya had to hold her nose to protect her nostrils from the putrid smell.

In all honesty, Visenya had missed home very dearly, she missed running through the castle walls, teasing her cousins, spending time with Helaena and she missed being with her family. However, there were two things that she didn't miss; the smell of shit and Otto Hightower, to her they were on the same level. When the princess was young, the man used to intimidate her, now his very existence irritated her, from his judgemental stare to his snarky comments.

Visenya watched from the small opening in the carriage as the gates to the Red Keep opened, allowing them entry. A small pit of unexplainable nervousness stirred in the princess's belly, and she didn't know why. Was she scared that her bond with her family had been severed? Was she scared because she had no idea how her family would react to her? She simply did not know. 

Eventually, the carriage came to a stop and Visenya waited patiently for the guard to open the carriage door. Once again she was picking at the skin around her fingernails, a nervous habit which stemmed from childhood. 

"Princess Visenya Targaryen," a Kingsguard announced to the unknown people gathered a few feet away from the carriage. The carriage door suddenly swung open and Visenya swallowed the lump in her throat before taking the guard's hand. As she was helped out of the carriage she finally saw who was waiting to greet her. There stood her father, Queen Alicent, Helaena and to Visenya's unpleasant surprise, Otto Hightower. 

The princess approached the small group of people, ser Edric closely followed behind her. She greeted Helaena first with a beaming smile on her face, "sister," the younger girl engulfed the older in a tight, bone crushing hug. 

"Oh, how I have missed you," Helaena released herself from the hug and studied her appearance, "words cannot describe how happy I am to see you."

Visenya grabbed her hand, "as am I, days have been lonely without you by my side," Visenya smiled wider, if it was even possible, then pulled her into another hug. 

Once the two women retracted from the warm embrace, Visenya turned to Alicent, "your grace," she bowed her head slightly out of respect. 

Alicent smiled warmly and pulled the girl into a motherly hug, then she pulled away and held her at arms length. Alicent had a fond smile on her lips before speaking, "my, how you've grown, you are so beautiful." The older woman lightly stroked Visenya's cheek as she studied her sharp features. 

"You are too kind, your grace, you are still beautiful as ever," Visenya complimented. 

Alicent let out a soft laugh, "you flatter me, though it is good to see you," Alicent released Visenya, her arms dropping to her sides once again. 

Aemond had made his way over to the small gathering, and stood next to Visenya, before adressing his mother. 

Alicent looked between the pair, "I trust Aemond made sure that you were properly taken care of  on your travels?" Alicent questioned with mild curiosity. 

Visenya was about to answer when Aemond beat her to it, "do not fret, mother, I brought the princess back in one piece, did I not?" Visenya looked at him though the corner of her eye, they both knew that had he been at least ten minutes later, he would have brought her back in a million pieces.