He thought Irin was just catching ghosts outside. Unexpectedly, things in the underworld were darker and more complicated than in the real world. How did his sister grow up physically and mentally healthy??

"Big Brother, don't they say that the heavenly law is a cycle? But from the way this matter looks, the Liu family aren't getting any punishment." Joohyun complained, "Although Xiang Nan cursed the Liu family to live no more than 25 years, the Liu family seized Xiang Nan's luck. The Liu family lived rich and noble for six centuries. Liu Xiucheng even employed the Life Exchange Technique to escape Xiang Nan's curse."

"Two living people, one ghost." Chen Yang was worthy of being a police officer. He quickly found the crux of the matter: "Just like the cases we deal with, no matter how heinously the threatened people are, as long as they are in danger, we must save the living first.

"But I don't want to care. I hate the Liu family," Joohyun felt tangled.

"If you don't care about it, will there be any consequences?" Chen Yang didn't quite understand things in the metaphysical world. If this matter was related to the land of the living, the police would be disciplined if they washed their hands of similar cases. But in the Metaphysical World, Chen Yang didn't know.

"If I didn't interfere at the beginning, then I can keep my nose out of this matter. But I stepped in to help Xiang Nan tonight and accidentally got involved in his affair with the Liu family. If this matter cannot be resolved satisfactorily in the end, it may have some impact on me. As to the extent exactly, I can't be sure. It must depend on the final outcome of the matter," Joohyun said.

"Then how would you normally handle it according to your metaphysical circle?" Hearing that his sister would be affected, a trace of worry appeared on Chen Yang's face.

"Save people, both of them." Joohyun said reluctantly, "Our duty as ghost exorcists is to protect the living from being harassed by ghosts."

"Who told you this?" Chen Yang asked.

"My grandfather told me, ah. He said that if one must choose between the living and the ghosts, the exorcist must unconditionally stand on the side of the living. Otherwise, he would be exceeding his authority and would be disliked by the City God," Joohyun answered.

"The City God?" From the time Chen Yang learned that his sister was an exorcist, he spared no effort to look up some information related to ghosts on the Internet. So, he was quite informed when the City God was mentioned. "The City God is a local official in the Netherworld is equivalent to a mayor in the world of the living. He's the deity in charge of the departed souls, rewards good and punishes evil, life and death, misfortunes, and happiness, and so on, right?"

"That's right," Joohyun nodded in agreement.

Chen Yang's eyes brightened and said, "In the world of the living, we manage state affairs in accordance with the law and advocate using law to try crimes. That is to say, regardless of whether someone is guilty or not, or how much you hate him, you can't take on the task of punishing him. People must appeal through legal channels. I recently heard that the restrictions of the Netherworld on exorcists are similar to the laws in the world of the living. Since you can't make a decision, then go and ask the law of the Netherworld."

"Go to the City God?" Joohyun exclaimed in surprise.

"That's right."

"File a lawsuit?" Joohyun was quite incredulous.

"You can't call it filing a lawsuit. If you want to complain, the party is also Xiang Nan. At best, you're just going to dial 110 and call the police," Chen Yang said.