Kingdom of Distress

"SAFE PRINCE HOSEOK."

The declaration reverberated through the air, carrying a sense of urgency that ignited a chain of events nobody could have predicted. In that moment, Agust's instincts took over, propelling him forward with the swiftness of light as his feet carried him toward a dire scene.

The tension hung thick in the air as Agust burst through the door. Hoseok's form sprawled on the ground, vulnerable and defenseless. The black-masked assassin stood poised with a gleaming knife, poised to strike a fatal blow on Hoseok's stomach. But Agust's arrival altered the course of fate; his body interposed between Hoseok and the blade, taking the strike on his own shoulder.... near the area of his heart. The agony was unbearable, yet Agust's action prevented the pain that awaited Hoseok.

With grim determination, Agust subdued the assassin, extracting the blade from his own flesh to exact painful retribution.

The assassin cried in pain, and all the guards circled around them. Guards swarmed the scene, their presence a testament to the gravity of the situation.

"Take him to the dungeon." He ordered the guards, and they took the masked man away. Agust clutches his bleeding shoulder.

"Yoon..yoongi, you are bleeding. You need treatment." Hoseok said in a cracked-up tone. He saw the blood soaking August's clothes. Hoseok's concern for him was palpable; their roles were reversed. "I am fine." Agust straightened up his shoulder, only to wince in pain again. Hoseok came forward to give him support.

He made him lie on the bed. Agust breathed unevenly from the pain. Hoseok turned around to ask for help when a hand prevented him from leaving. "Stay." The injured prince simply stated, "You are bleeding; you need help." He tried to reason.

"I need you."

The answer came in shables.
Hoseok wanted to argue, but seeing him in this condition, he kept his mouth shut and stayed behind.

Within seconds, he heard the footsteps of attendees. They soon started to address his wound, cleaning the blood and stitching it up. Each needle was piercing his skin as he clenched his teeth against the searing pain. The connection between both of them persisted, their hands intertwined in a shared bond of support and resilience.

As Agust again swore his willingness to endure any pain for Hoseok's sake, the depth of his feelings became evident, breaking through the barriers that had kept them apart.

Hoseok, who was holding his hand, winced as well. Agust's face was as red as the red sea due to pain.

The attendees left the chamber. Agust leave a breath of relief. Throughout all this, he didn't leave Hoseok's hand. Their hand was sweaty, yet he had no intention of letting it go.

"Are you okay?" Agust asked, his voice holding concern. "Speak for yourself. You were the one with the stabbed shoulder."

"I'll be fine."

"You shouldn't have saved me. Now look at yourself. The empire needs you."

"And I need you." Agust said it with no hesitation. Hoseok just looked past him onto his own purple bruised hand that Agust was squeezing tightly.

"If you really needed me, you wouldn't even think about hurting me."

Agust's heart jolted at the agonizing tone that Hoseok was using. "I didn't mean to-"

"Please don't say that you didn't mean to hurt me. You've hurt me, and that's all that matters. Have you ever thought of me as your friend? Not even for a second?" He questioned as his eyes swelled up with unshed tears.