Part 1💫

Amna's POV:

"Come to the balcony" The text read.
"I can't" I replied.

Is he dumb or what. He wants to meet me when my brother is at home. Despite meeting everyday because we live in the house he doesn't get enough of me. He wants every second of my time.

It all started when i was 5 and he was 10. I still remember how he used to protect me and play with me when everyone else refused to. He was Always protective of me but with time friendship turned into love.

He confessed to me when i was 16. I was caught off guard. I wasn't expecting it i thought of him as my bestfriend my whole life but his care and love forced me to fell in love with him.

I have to go to the balcony because i know he won't take no for an answer and he will keep on texting.

"We text on the phone 24/7 I'm Infront of you all the time how much more time do you need"
"Amy i want all of your time"

Suddenly my brother's voice came and he jerked away from me. I started laughing seeing his scared face.
"Coward"
"I'm not it just caught me off guard"
"Yeah right "

I went and sat with my brother. He told me about his office. My brother has always been my bestfriend. I tell him about everything from what i ate to all my friends. He knows each and every thing about my life except Ali. For some reason i couldn't tell him about Ali. Call me a coward because i am.

I'm craving Gulab Jamun so i am requesting my brother to go and bring me some but he refuses to saying he is tired. Just then Ali passed by us. My brother called him.
"Ali can you bring me some gulab jamun for your sister"
"Sure Ammar and Amna come and close the door"

I went after him he stopped when we are safe distance away from Ammar.
"Listen"
"What"
"I'm not your brother"

I started laughing. I used to call him Ali bhai when i was young. I stopped doing it when he confessed to me. I still do it sometimes just to tease him and gets riled up every single time. Even though he knows i don't consider him my brother still he doesn't want me to say it.

Ali has been bugging for a year to talk to my family about us but i haven't gathered the courage to do that. Unfortunately the relationship between my mother and Ali's mother isn't good despite living in the same house. They are at each other's throat almost everyday and our fathers ignore each other due to their wives.

I was sitting with my mother eating fruits when i asked.
"What do you think about Ali?"
" I don't think anything about that cobra's son"
"Mama at least don't call chachi (aunt) a cobra"
"I will haven't you seen what they have done to us"
"Ok Ok calm down but who do you think Ali is going to marry?"
"He can remain unmarried for all i care"

I know it's useless talking to her. I met Ali on the roof and told him about my discussion with my mother.
"I am willing to go against my family for you"
"I know but I can't do that"
"I know you can't and that's the difference between you and me I love you way more than you love me. Afterall i have been in love with you for several years"

I just smiled. It's kinda true. I once tested him by not talking to him for a month and he slit his wrist. Thank God no real damage was done. I used to underestimate his feelings but that incident made me realize how far he can go.

Sadly i am not as brave as him. I couldn't even talk to my mother about him let alone convince her. I know i should have talked to my brother but I don't know what's stopping me.

Ali has been begging me to let him to talk to his parents. I stopped him because it will create a Hovac in the house and i don't want that. Ali may not care about our family's acceptance but i do. My parents have sacrificed their whole life for me and my brother. I can't go against them.

Hoping you like this chapter.
Do vote comment.
Peace our ✌️