XXXI. EROVOCAVELY HAPPY

"I just want Jasmine to be happy" - Anna

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"I just want Jasmine to be happy" - Anna

====================

The teacup on your hands, in close inspection, is a fine pottery. It's elegant with the gold lining on its rim. The tea itself has a nostalgic aroma that seems to bring you back to the lovely moments with your seven. Its taste is a great mix of bitterness and sweetness, just like the memory of your past. However, it keeps you elated and carefree. Is it the place or it's just has been? Even with the same coffee shop, everything you see has this certain glimmer. It's like, nowadays, you live within a filter, one with shine and starlight glamour. It's really a wonder how can everything seem so beautiful. While still tracing its gold lining, you giggle with your musings.

"Hm?" Hanna's amused tone breaches your trails of thoughts. Feeling rude for locking up yourself to your own world, you lift your gaze and sees the teasing curve on Anna's lips. There is a twinkle of amusement on her orbs as she peers adoringly through your eyes.

"Hmn?" You melodically hum with a raised brow. Even without knowing anything, you can't help but feel a bit ashamed. Wait. Is there any way that you would be ashamed with your best friend? No matter, you don't know what she is plotting.

"I knew there was something." Anna's words are vague, making you so unsure and concerned.

"What do you mean by that?" You ask timidly.

"I could see you blooming even the last time we've met. You sparkle whenever you say something about them. You seemed... in love." Anna explains.

"Really?" Your eyes widen in surprise. You can't believe how easy your friend can read you. You sure you didn't know what you were feeling yet at that time but Anna could already tell.

"You smiled brightly and there was a bounce of excitement as you excused yourself to meet them."

Feeling exposed, you hide yourself from Anna and helplessly groans.

Anna laughs.

"I don't know that you can read me like that." You whisper against your palms.

"After all the time of watching you lie? I practically already know when you really do and when you don't." Anna chuckles as she sips her tea.

True. It's how your ex-co-workers found you out. Apparently, you sometimes wear your emotions on your sleeves, especially when you are happy. For those who are not privy of who you are, they may not know, but with your best friend, you are quite obvious.

'Am I really that obvious?' You want to ask but halts with Anna's next words.

"But how you behaved weeks ago worried me." There is a hint of melancholy in her voice.

"Huh?" You tilt your head at the side. 'What is she on about?' You want to laugh but your curiousness gets the best of you and ask, "Why?"

Anna's head bobs as she seemingly thinks hard what to answer. "You were already falling for your employers."

Innocence in Lust ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें